Options

I guess I don't belong here

berhimwichberhimwich Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited July 20, 2004 in People
I don't spend all my time on message boards. I just thought that putting up some of my pictures would be good promotion. But obviously there is much more to this than just putting up a post. I keep to myself and that is why I don't reply to any of the threads. It's just who I am. So I think I'm not going to return here anymore. Obviously, I'm not wanted because you can't be an individual if you have to participate in the community. Let's face it, I'm a hermit.

I hope some people liked me here. Ber

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    berhimwich wrote:
    I don't spend all my time on message boards. I just thought that putting up some of my pictures would be good promotion. But obviously there is much more to this than just putting up a post. I keep to myself and that is why I don't reply to any of the threads. It's just who I am. So I think I'm not going to return here anymore. Obviously, I'm not wanted because you can't be an individual if you have to participate in the community. Let's face it, I'm a hermit.

I liked some of your work, did not like your heavy-handed sales technique, and even less your attitude towards others. I wish you would stay and interact constuctively as opposed to destructively.

It doesn't take rocket science to realise that you are not going to sell pictures to other photographers, so why the constant trying? Also if you haven't sold a picture in 2 years and you are in a group of folks that have sold pictures, then learning from them would seem to be beneficial. Heck that is what I am doing and I am also hoping to start a photo business.

So the things that I know, like some of the science/math I share, while I eagerly read the articles on composition and share my opinions as humbly as I can.

Hope this helps.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    berhimwich wrote:

Geez, sorry. As far as I know, very few people make it in selling their pictures.
    If they do, they are either so excellent with a wide base of buyers, that someone else does the public relations. Or they are very good at it themselves.

I think you should try learning PR as a way to help sell your pictures. That was a good comment re selling photos to other photographers. Actually, it feels to me that there is more anger in you than there is desire to sell pictures.

I would hope you could do as others suggest, be nice. Yes, you do have to do that. Otherwise I would suggest you get help with your feelings.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.