20111023-L1007696-Edit.jpg
"Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
// richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 24, 2011
    Interesting set, Richard. Hardly a slogan in sight, which makes it different from most of the other collections one sees. I love the kid coming out of whatever it is in #3.
  • Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    There are some small number of signs but artistically speaking, they are somewhat lacking comparing to the ones you see in NYC and others. Generally I don't do too many signs either as, well, the newspeople should do that. Hopefully, our postings do not replace newspeople but may provoke viewers to find out why the newspeople are not doing their jobs :-). Let me rephrase that, I wasn't there in the 60s, but I would imagine that the 60s anti-war movements must have produced lots of signs too. 40-50 years later, all of the iconic photos of the movements are of the people themselves, not signs.

Of course I do have some signs now and then. I am particularly fond of this one:

L1006971-2.jpg

In my mind, she's like a goddess rising above the chaos with her message (and the "one way" sign), but that's probably just me :-)
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    richardman wrote: »
    There are some small number of signs but artistically speaking, they are somewhat lacking comparing to the ones you see in NYC and others. Generally I don't do too many signs either as, well, the newspeople should do that. Hopefully, our postings do not replace newspeople but may provoke viewers to find out why the newspeople are not doing their jobs :-). Let me rephrase that, I wasn't there in the 60s, but I would imagine that the 60s anti-war movements must have produced lots of signs too. 40-50 years later, all of the iconic photos of the movements are of the people themselves, not signs.

Of course I do have some signs now and then. I am particularly fond of this one:

L1006971-2.jpg

In my mind, she's like a goddess rising above the chaos with her message (and the "one way" sign), but that's probably just me :-)

A goddess alright! This is my favorite from the set, her expression, the one way sign, the sign... I'm not sure about the photographer, but there is not much you can do...

bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif