edited October 24, 2011 in People
i-vGf2sHZ-L.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    wow. This is something.
    My intial reaction was that I wish it was brighter so I can see the faces more clearly, in particular the woman on the floor. However I see just enough to give me a hint and she looks pretty miserable. The other woman is fully clothed while this one look like she's covered only in a blanket. Do they live there? Is this a place of work where they take their kids?
    The babies on the floor though half naked look relatively happy.
    I would have just thought this a shot of some willing subjects in a poor part of the world, until I see the woman on the floor and then I'm really pulled in and want to know more, and makes me want to look for more details in the background, the other occupants. IT leaves me wanting more, which is good.

You never post in street?
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    wow. This is something.
    My intial reaction was that I wish it was brighter so I can see the faces more clearly, in particular the woman on the floor. However I see just enough to give me a hint and she looks pretty miserable. The other woman is fully clothed while this one look like she's covered only in a blanket. Do they live there? Is this a place of work where they take their kids?
    The babies on the floor though half naked look relatively happy.
    I would have just thought this a shot of some willing subjects in a poor part of the world, until I see the woman on the floor and then I'm really pulled in and want to know more, and makes me want to look for more details in the background, the other occupants. IT leaves me wanting more, which is good.
    You never post in street?

Thank you Liz for your comments. :D I do have appreciated them. Let me tell you why.
    My purpose since the beginning of working on this image was to transmit feelings and emotions and not a nice photo with detail in the shadows, no noise, etc. This is the reason - no. This was one of the reasons why the woman on the bottom right is so "dark" - should I say dim ? - the other being that she was too noisy to appear what would diminish the overhall quality of the image itself.

I have done 3 times this photo until I got this one. However, I am not completely satisfied as it lacks a bit of mid tones. But it is agressive enough as it should be according to the scene.

I made the image dark in the background because I wanted to enhance the scene of the woman with the two babies and dog not forgetting the people in the foreground.

I am also happy that you could see enough of the face of the woman and how much she feels miserable with just a happy kid in front.

On the other hand, I think it is funny how curious the dogs looks.

I am not happy to have two or three white burned areas in the image. But what the heck ? is it important ? No. It is not. mwink.gif

If I ever post in street ? Yes, why not ? Why shouldn't I ? :D

bowdown.gif again Liz :D

I almost forgot this link
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook