Morning Fog - Playing with Light

TotziensTotziens Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited October 26, 2011 in Landscapes
Hi, This is my first post...Just wanting to share a shot from this past weekend. I set out early to shoot morning light with fog.

Comments

• r7r5r7r5 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    Very nice. I like it
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 24, 2011
    Welcome to Dgrin, Totzien! clap.gif Very nice image. Well worth getting up early for I'd say. thumb.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    Welcome to the forum.

My only critique would be to reposition the horizon so that it doesn't run across the middle of the frame. In this case, I would probably fore-go some of the water, bring in more sky, and thus effectively move the horizon so that it now runs across the frame at about the 1/3 level up from the bottom.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    In this one case I actually feel this photo is better off with the horizon dead center as it was shot. I know usually this should not be done, but in this case because of the exact mirror in the water I think the symmetry between the top and bottom adds more to the photo than the appeal of the rule of thirds.

Beautiful photo either way!
  • TotziensTotziens Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    Thank you everyone for the kind words and feedback! I was actually thinking symmetry when I shot it. I didn't even think of the rule of thirds, but wish I would of tried that. My mind was so set on capturing the "mirror" reflections of the landscape. I was trying to keep a balance about it.
  • TotziensTotziens Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    Another Morning Light shot
    I didn't realize how hard it was to shoot "light" and how hard it is to capture that light and balance it and to create mood.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    You did a commendable job here. And you're right....balancing light and creating mood that projects the image you're after can be illusive. I wish I had a dollar for every mile of a Florida sandy road like that one that I've walked.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Both are nice shots.