Options

Borrowlenses Conclusion

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited October 24, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Many have read my tail of woe trying to rent a lens from Borrowlwnses. Now that it is over I want to ensure that the conclusion gets as much attention as the original vent.

I posted this on the second page of the original post:

"OK, the Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV is over and I have spoken with Josh, and Jules at Borrowlenses.

When a company or an individual makes a mistake they can not go back and make it not happen. The real measure of the company is how do they address and deal with the issue after the fact. I really do need to say I think they couldn't have done more. They made no excuses. They took my vent seriously. They took an objective look at the basic issue and addressed it internally so it won't happen again to anyone.

They offered to provide a meaningful discount on a future rental as a tangible way of apology in addition to their verbal apologizes.

While they do have a good reputation for their customer support now I think their customer support will be even better in the future.

At this point the actions taken by Borrowlenses is a win for both of us."

Currently:

I made a decision at the last minute to go to an SCCA regional race and 4 hour induro at Thunderhill Race Track located in Willows CA. last weekend.

This time I wanted to try a 100-400 MM 4.5-5.6L IS, and a 1.4 III extender. I wanted to try this lens because it's substantially less expensive than a 2.8, and more affordable if I start doing more motor sports.

The transaction went perfectly. I think I equate them with SmugMug. While anyone can make a mistake they rectified it quickly and yes I would, and did over the weekend recommend them.

Sam

Comments