Need help on my website

rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited November 1, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello All,

I have decided to go for a Photobiz website mainly because of convenience. I have read reviews tho that the loading times are questionable for some users, so I would like to get your opinion.

http://rhommelphotography.com/

when you have time ,please have a look at my website. I would like to get your opinion regarding the LOADING times and quality of photos. Also, if possible, I would like to know if the slideshow is of good size. I realize that everyone has different monitor sizes. On my laptop (widescreen) the slideshow looks small.

Front Page - Main Slideshow - I have used the original files for this slideshow so I would like to know if loading time is 'acceptable' or not.

Gallery - Wedding, Album One and Album Two - I have uploaded photos here at 1400px wide.

Gallery - Album Three and Album Four - I have uploaded photos here at 900px wide. I would like to know if you notice a difference in terms of quality compared to the slideshow in the Front page or the Wedding under the Gallery.

Photobiz does automatically resize the photos to fit the slideshows, I would like to know if you notice any difference in terms of loading times and quality of the photos if I upload in full size, or resized.

Thank you so much for your input. I would also like to know your connection speed and monitor size if possible.

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    I hate Flash website. Glad to hear there was no music or I would have left for sure. That said, it didn't take "that long" to load. I didn't see any difference of quality between the two pages, but my eyes aren't like they used to be...Laughing.gif!

Hope you're not use your website to bring in clients via the search engines. You have absolutely no words at all. Read my SEO link in my sig.
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    I hate Flash website. Glad to hear there was no music or I would have left for sure. That said, it didn't take "that long" to load. I didn't see any difference of quality between the two pages, but my eyes aren't like they used to be...Laughing.gif!

thanks for the input!
    Hope you're not use your website to bring in clients via the search engines. You have absolutely no words at all. Read my SEO link in my sig.

i don't use search engines. I run mostly on word of mouth :)
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    9 seconds for your name to appear, 14 seconds for the first photo!

Rural life!
    tom wise
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited October 27, 2011
    It took sufficiently long for your home page to load that if I hadn't been looking per your request for feedback I would have closed the site. There is a lag opening photos in your galleries too.

I also hate Flash - in fact I wish smug would replace their flash slideshow with html5 (since that's the only flash on my site).

Whenever I click Galleries there is a rebuild of the gallery list in the navbar. To me, elements that slide in are quite annoying. I can live with it once, but not each time I click to Galleries.

Once I am in a gallery I have no idea what it is that I am viewing. You might consider placing a gallery title on the screen. You should also name your galleries something other than "Album One", "Album Two", ...

--- Denise
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    rhommel wrote: »
    thanks for the input!

i don't use search engines. I run mostly on word of mouth :)

You don't but others may and DO. You may miss some potential clients.
  • deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    Hi I am on dial-up ya the slowest of the slow [ its all I can get up here] but having said that It was pretty fast except that 1st page. It fit my screen beautifully I did not have to scroll all over- I hate those that are to big. Flash does not bother me if I was looking for a photographer your site would be just fine. I only photograph wildlife or people being chased by wildlife ha ha but I must say you have some beautiful photos on your site.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2011

Seconded. I'm looking for a photographer for my sister's wedding, and Google was the first thing I hit :)
    edited November 1, 2011
    deb22 wrote: »
    Hi I am on dial-up ya the slowest of the slow [ its all I can get up here] but having said that It was pretty fast except that 1st page. It fit my screen beautifully I did not have to scroll all over- I hate those that are to big. Flash does not bother me if I was looking for a photographer your site would be just fine. I only photograph wildlife or people being chased by wildlife ha ha but I must say you have some beautiful photos on your site.

Thanks. Glad you like the photos :)

I know a lot of people "hate" flash, but... also a lot of people don't mind it.
    edited November 1, 2011
    Demian wrote: »
    Seconded. I'm looking for a photographer for my sister's wedding, and Google was the first thing I hit :)

noted. I will be on PPC advertising soon :)