M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited October 29, 2011 in Street and Documentary
...or early Hallow's Eve ghosts.
i-S5w3WLT-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 28, 2011
    I've looked at this a few times now, but despite the nice combination of the blurry train and people it doesn't grab me. Cropping the left side to make it a 4x3 ratio helps a little bit, but the bright patch on the right still takes my eye away from the people. It probably would have worked better had you been closer to the people and perhaps shooting from a lower angle.
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2011
    Thanks Richard for the comments/observation. I was playing around with higher ISO's, the tripod and movement with this one and the train is what caught my eye. I shot a few of that movement then in comes strolling the couple as the last car is passing by.

I figured due to a lack of response it generally 'didn't work'. That's what I love about this sub-forum. There's a 'reality check' always in place by folks here. Thx.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    I've looked at this a few times now, but despite the nice combination of the blurry train and people it doesn't grab me. Cropping the left side to make it a 4x3 ratio helps a little bit, but the bright patch on the right still takes my eye away from the people. It probably would have worked better had you been closer to the people and perhaps shooting from a lower angle.

Don't know about cropping but the rest of what Richard said I agree with.

It for me a least would of been much better, if there had been lot's of Ghosts :D
    The learning/knowledge you gain by attempting this, however can not be discounted thumb.gifs
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2011
    Would someone want to take a crack at a cropped, B&W version to see if that might work? I'll try, but my conversion-fu is weak, grasshopper.
  • Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    Scott, in my opinion, there is either too few legs, or too many legs for this to work. i.e. either lots of people, or no people at all.
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2011
    Interesting observation that after thinking about it would work much better. More or less, but two no-bueno.