Options

Why Sid should visit Kuala Lumpur!

SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
edited October 24, 2004 in Holy Macro
I'm sorry this took a while, but i'm home again, braincells in right order again (=jetlag) and this is why i think you should visit;

Somebody said it was nice to see something else than thes Petronas towers for a change, i understand, but they're quite impressive;

5739121-M.jpg

Then there're so many different nationalities and relegions living together, from my tourist-point-of-view all in harmony. This makes a ordinairy streetscene very interesting; with Indian, Chinese, Thai, Malay and many more people..

6138781-M.jpg

And the food..Because the water is clean you can even eat on the street; best satay ever!! :thumb

5847580-M.jpg

Or these fried with garlic..

6138785-M.jpg

Because there is so much happening on the streets you feel much more part of the city..

6349332-M.jpg

I could go on and on..just GO! See for yourself and bring your camera! :D

The way down there can be pretty spectacular also;

6349325-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited July 20, 2004
    This thread will be a little too long if i also would try to convince you to go to Sarawak, the Malaysian part of the island Borneo. A journey back in time; absolutely beatiful!! You can view it all on my Smug site.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    You are very lucky to travel the world. I visited your gallery yesterday. There was so much to see from so many places. I hope you keep sharing.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    clap.gif That's what I had been hoping for, SeeMoon. Love that shot of the towers. And your smugmug pages have beautiful shots. Is Sarawak in the Malaysia folder? And where's a nice place to stay in Sarawak?

In other words, you've captured my imagination!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    clap.gif That's what I had been hoping for, SeeMoon. Love that shot of the towers. And your smugmug pages have beautiful shots. Is Sarawak in the Malaysia folder? And where's a nice place to stay in Sarawak?

In other words, you've captured my imagination!

Thanks Sid..that's nice! The Sarawak folder is a seperate one and right here;

[URL=http://]http://see-moon.smugmug.com/gallery/123776[/URL]

Here's one..

4460506-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    You are very lucky to travel the world. I visited your gallery yesterday. There was so much to see from so many places. I hope you keep sharing.

Thanks! Sometimes when i look at that list of destinations it suddenly hits me..i've been to all those places!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    these are some fine shots - you've done k-l very proud. love the people and street scenes, congrats on a fine fine set!
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2004
    andy wrote:
    these are some fine shots - you've done k-l very proud. love the people and street scenes, congrats on a fine fine set!

Thanks Andy!
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    Somebody said it was nice to see something else than thes Petronas towers for a change, i understand, but they're quite impressive;
    wave.gif That would be me. Of course, that's not your average touristy shot of the towers, which is what I was talking about. Great images you've shared. Thanks again for showing us what's beyond our little section of the world. clap.gif
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2004
    Great shots Simone, where are you off to next??
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Great shots Simone, where are you off to next??

Next week to Capetown..can't wait! Then to Sao Paolo. You'll see the results when i'm back home! :D
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    Next week to Capetown..can't wait! Then to Sao Paolo. You'll see the results when i'm back home! :D
    look forward to it
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    These are great shots.... You really have captured the Malaysian culture.
    I lived in Malaysia (in Simpang Empat) about 3 hours north of KL in 1999 and loved it. You have taken me back to that time with sweet memories.
    terima kasih

Yvette
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    Happysnapper, curse you for reviving this thread! For you have also revived my desire to travel to Kuala Lumpur!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au