Canon 7D LCD Screen

FirstRaysFirstRays Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited October 28, 2011 in Cameras
Folks,

I'm recently upgraded to a Canon 7D from a Rebel T1i and am loving it :-) Just wondering how resilient is the 7D LCD to scratches? I got a small scratch on my T1i's LCD after 2-3 years of use, so was wondering how the 7D fares in this regard?

Thanks!
First.

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Screen protector solves the problem entirely..... :) Cheap and easy :D
  • FirstRaysFirstRays Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Yes, but they are either the film type or the hard glass types. I am concerned the hard glass type might leave behind a glue residue and the film types are a bit messy to apply.

Was considering leaving it unprotected, so wondered if the 7D LCD is made of hardened glass or something?
  • ntotrrntotrr Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    FirstRays wrote: »
    Folks,

I'm recently upgraded to a Canon 7D from a Rebel T1i and am loving it :-) Just wondering how resilient is the 7D LCD to scratches? I got a small scratch on my T1i's LCD after 2-3 years of use, so was wondering how the 7D fares in this regard?

Thanks!
    First.

According to Rob Galbraith, the LDC is covered with glass:

"The 7D is the first Canon digital SLR to employ a reinforced glass cover over the rear LCD, rather than clear resin. In addition, an optically-clear filler eliminates the air gap between the glass and LCD itself. The filler both strengthens the cover and limits the loss of contrast in brighter ambient light."

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-10042-10239-10240
  • FirstRaysFirstRays Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    That's helpful to know - glass is usually more scratch resistant than resins. Given how scratch resistant iPhones are :-)

Thanks,
    First.