Raw Shooter Essentials Dummy :)

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited October 23, 2005 in Finishing School
Okay......am I the only dummy who can't figure out this program or what? :huh

How the heck do you get the image....once you have changed it to be how you want it into your photo editing program ????

This is the bit I cannot figure out for the life of me, sure I can see how to edit it but how do you get it import into ...like say PhotoShop Elements 3 ???

Anyone who can help this Dummy with answers is more than welcome to reply.

Thanks for reading my request :D I'd really like to know how to get it where I want it ..........Skippy (Australia)
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Hi Skippy, first you need to go into the batch convert tab on the right to set up what you want to do with your coverted images. Make sure youy click on "more options" so you can see all the choices that are available.

I've set mine to make a subfolder in the current directory called Converted (this is the default I think).

In this tab you can also choose the file format and quality level.

If you want to file to open in onother editor such as photoshop, check the "automatically open with" box towards the bottom and click on choose to select the application. I personally don't use this feature, when I'm editing a wedding I don't want to have hundreds of images opening in PS. I just send them to the converted folder then open PS/Bridge and go from there.

There are a couple of ways to start the process, either click on add at the bottom of the bach convert box or click onb the furthest right of the icons at the top left of the window - the one that looks like a couple of table tennis bats.

Either will get things going acording to the rules you have set.

Oh, you will find some pretty good tips and comments in the forum at the Pixmantec site.

I'm looking forward to the premium version of the program which promises to be a great raw converter.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Click on the other tab up the top right of the prog ...this takes you to a save page & make sure you choose jpeg (unless you want tiff as it saves tiff by default)
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Thanks Guys
    I will give it a go when I get back from work......... yup end of week number 4 and week number 5 about to start eek7.gif

I like RawShooter, but I have just never figured out how to get the shot over to the program I want to use it in.......I figured you folks would know :D

Thanks again.......... Skippy (Australia)

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 22, 2005
    Laughing.gif Skippy rolleyes1.gif

Don't feel bad, I had the same problem when I first used RSE. Yes, I am one of those people who never read the manual :nah I too wondered where all those pics went. David is correct. They get stashed in a different folder titled "converted" rolleyes1.gif Just go looking for that folder when in CS and you should be good ta go thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    Hi Steve
    Laughing.gif Skippy rolleyes1.gif

Don't feel bad, I had the same problem when I first used RSE. Yes, I am one of those people who never read the manual :nah I too wondered where all those pics went. David is correct. They get stashed in a different folder titled "converted" rolleyes1.gif Just go looking for that folder when in CS and you should be good ta go thumb.gif

Steve
    I wanted to be able to Auto open PhotoShop Elements 3 but its greyed out and wont let me, so I created a file called RawShooter Images and bingo there they were, I am rapt to the eyeballs cause I can change things better in that program than the one I am currently using, as a result I have managed to salavage a few shots that I thought I couldn't ..... thanks for the advice.
    Skippy (Australia)