CH50 indian corn

skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited October 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thought I'd share a couple ideas I've been playing with. Tell me what you think, I haven't decided if I like this or not. Let me know please.

Comments

• skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Peacock Feather
    When I first saw this challenge I thought rainbow since it hasn't rained around here in a while what about this?
  • rckmtlrckmtl Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    Wow, that corn is crazy. I'm not so sure about the composition, but I think you've got a lot to work with with that corn. You've got nearly every color there and they all came out really vividly. I do like the way each piece of the corn kinda seems to glow and illuminate it's particular color. That looks really nice.

But I think you could find an even better shot using the corn. Not sure what exactaly...maybe something where you take the pieces of the corn off the cob and pile them up or arrange them or something.

Hope the challenge goes well for you.
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    I too thought 'rainbow' but haven't crossed paths with one so far.
    I like both of your shots but the corn is the better idea, IMO.:D
    The corn is a very good colour wise, plenty of colour to work with. I would possibly try to recompose the shot with different lighting and perhaps try a few different angles.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    I think the corn shot is great as it is. I like the subdued lighting which really accentuates the fall colors. Solid entry for the challenge.

On a side note, I saw a great rainbow while I was at work yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera. Mental note, always have camera handy!
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    I like the corn shot as well. May want to try a little judicious sharpening and color enhancement (not too much more though).

Erich
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    When I saw the title (corn)
    skufuku wrote:
    Thought I'd share a couple ideas I've been playing with. Tell me what you think, I haven't decided if I like this or not. Let me know please.
    I knew it's gonna be a great shot! And it was:-) thumb.gif
    Althouth I'd lose the black corner and made it all corn. Just a simple crop...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    I'm with the others, I like the corn shot, but I wish the colors had just a bit more pop.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    davev wrote:
    I'm with the others, I like the corn shot, but I wish the colors had just a bit more pop.
    15524779-Ti.gif Really like the corn, maybe you could tweak saturation or hue or something to give it that little extra it's missing?
    edited October 24, 2005
    Thanks everyone. I've decided to recompose and reshoot. Based on what has been posted I don't think either one is competitive yet. I still working hard to come up with something. Thanks again.
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    I played with the corn image a bit as it is a nice idea, and well executed could be a contender IMHO

I took and increased contrast by 6

Increased saturation by 14

Cropped off the bottom third (to lose the dark spot in the corner)

And applied Unsharp mask at 50 %, 1, 1

Give that a try and see if it pops a bit more for you.

The bright spots are the only thing that bothers me and i think only a reshoot with softer light is going to fix that.
    edited October 27, 2005
    Thanks Greaper and everyone else, Here is the corn with the changes Greaper suggested. It still dosen't pop for me I think rckmtl is right and needs more composition work. so I'm still trying, here are some examples of what I'm trying. Let me know what you guys think.
    edited October 27, 2005
    recomposed #1
    edited October 27, 2005
    Hope I'm not wearing this out but here's one more.
  • RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    The bright spots are the only thing that bothers me and i think only a reshoot with softer light is going to fix that.
    I completely agree on this now, it is the only thing left to improve.
    Have you tried reflected flash light or even softened (if it is not an external tilting one)?

Roger
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Great idea! This has endless posibilities.

Sam