Just created a new website. Thoughts?

jointeffortjointeffort Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited October 29, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi everyone!

I just created a new website and looking for some thoughts on it.

http://jointeffortphotography.com

Feedback appreciated greatly!

Thanks!

Comments

• deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    Pretty good, but the front page is waaay to big for my screen, I had to scroll both ways to see the pics. Not too crazy about the bg colour but I sure do like some of your sky pics and even a few of the portraits[ which normally don't interest me]. I would work on making it not so stark but that's just me I like contrast. Hope thing work out well for you.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    Yea the slide show on the homepage is too big, I'm on a laptop and I can't get the whole thing on the screen at once, have to scroll vertically.
    A couple other notes
    -In the store, where you can buy a print, it just says 'unframed print.' What size are the prints? 5x7? 8x10?
    -the 'add to cart' buttons don't seem to work. I clicked one and nothing happened.
    -I would make more mention of the fact that you do everything with an Iphone on the home and portfolio pages. I looked at the portfolio page first and was thinking "man some of these shots look really grainy" but once I learned you did everything with a cell phone that made more sense.
    -I think it would be better to integrate a 'store' functionality straight in to the portfolio page. I recently set up a new website and use fotomoto, which adds a little 'buy' link above every picture automatically.
    -the background image looks blocky, like it was upsized too much

other than that I like the layout of it and it's nice aesthetically and easy to navigate.
  • danieloowensdanieloowens Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    It's not iPad friendly. ;-(
    Plus viewing the website in "standard" view on my iPhone the website won't work either. Mobile view its ok, but I seldom ever use mobile view.
    Went to go buy a pic and it didn't state what I was getting. Size. Digital. Etc...
    Daniel O Owens
    "The Motocross Photographer"
    I photograph ATV Motocross, ATV & Dirtbike GNCC Racing, Amsoil ARENACROSS & private sessions for riders, teams and manufactures.
    My two main clients are NumberOneATV and Dirt Rider Magazine.