Ko'olina Lagoon, Oahu

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited October 31, 2011 in Landscapes
The rain cloud in the distance is was drew me to take this shot. I actually expected this shot to end up in the trash. Really surprised by it. I didn't even see the sail boat on the horizon when I shot it. It's tiny but I think it just adds another element to the shot. :thumb

DSC0269-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    I have to agree that this one turned out really well. It has sort of a metallic feel to it. That and the interplay of elements and lighting really make it an intriguing photo.
  • CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    Lovely, really. What was your technique? Thanks for the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 28, 2011
    Very nice, Alex. Shot's a little hot in the sky of course, but it kind of works here.
  • fineartblackwhitefineartblackwhite Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2011
    Very good. Hawaii is amazing. Very nice shot, great composition, the sky is a little bit overexposed otherwise pretty strong image.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2011
    Thanks guys. Yeah, the sky is a bit blown. I may be able to recover it by blending a different exposure. Have to see to make sure but I think I may have taken 3 brackets of this shot.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site