A belated welcome to the new Landscapes mod, kdog!

schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
edited November 15, 2011 in Landscapes
A few of you may have already noticed that there's been a change of guard and Joel (kdog) has graciously stepped up to the plate to keep this forum brisk and tidy.

He's no stranger to most of you and we all know he's willing to travel near and far and through all kinds of terrain to get the shot. Just the kind of person to keep outdoorsy folks like us on our toes, motivated and shooting.

This thread comes a little late, but after meeting up with Joel for the first time since Dgrin's Moab Shootout 2008 yesterday, I feel like it's been made "official." :D

Welcome Joel, and thanks to all of you Dgrin landscapers who've been so great, supportive and inspiring through the years. We couldn't ask for a better community. Here's to many more!

:beer

Comments

• bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    I noticed this a few days ago. Congrats kdog. Make sure you keep an eye on that troublemaker Coscorrosa! ;)
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Welcome to the family Dog!
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Congrats, kdog!

Thanks, Schmoo, you've been a great Mod!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,011 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    woof woof
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Congrats.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 31, 2011
    Thanks very much, folks. Schmoo has been an excellent moderator and I can't hope to fill her shoes. However, I will do the best I can. deal.gif

Thank you for being an awesome moderator, Schmoo. bowdown.gifclap.gifbeer.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    He's no stranger to most of you and we all know he's willing to travel near and far and through all kinds of terrain to get the shot. Just the kind of person to keep outdoorsy folks like us on our toes, motivated and shooting.

I have first hand personal experience here... he will definitely keep you on your toes, especially if you try following him around and over boulders on the way back from the Subway in Zion. :D

Congrats kdog!
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2011
    Thanks kdog for stepping up! bowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2011
    Welcome Kdogclap.gif

Are you ready to post every sunrise and sunset every day, as Schmoo did? :D
    Well she may have missed a few, but what a great job she did. Thank you Schmoo for so many great posts and kind words. We all look forward to having Joel as the moderatorthumb.gif
    edited November 1, 2011
    BeachBill wrote: »
    I have first hand personal experience here... he will definitely keep you on your toes, especially if you try following him around and over boulders on the way back from the Subway in Zion. :D

Congrats kdog!
    Hey thanks, Bill. You're the only person I know who can get cold-conked on the rocks, and finish the day of shooting and hiking out of the Subway, all with a smile on his face. bowdown.gif
    Andy wrote: »
    Thanks kdog for stepping up! bowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    Thanks, Andy!
    Welcome Kdogclap.gif

Are you ready to post every sunrise and sunset every day, as Schmoo did? :D
    Well she may have missed a few, but what a great job she did. Thank you Schmoo for so many great posts and kind words. We all look forward to having Joel as the moderatorthumb.gif
    Thanks, Marc! Yeah, I'll get right on that. deal.gif :photo rolleyes1.gif

But seriously, we're all gonna miss Schmoo's moderation. No way I can fill her shoes. :nah
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    Congrats, Joel! clap.gif

You do have some mighty big shoes to fill, but I agree with Bryan, keep that Coscorrosa fellow under control and we won't have any complaints! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    Schmoo - thanks for all you did while you were at the helm here! Hope to keep seeing your new shot posted…

KDog - congrats on being the new mod… :)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    Thanks to Schmoo clap.gifclapclap.gifbow

and welcome KDOG wings.gif
    edited November 4, 2011
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    Congrats, Joel! clap.gif

You do have some mighty big shoes to fill, but I agree with Bryan, keep that Coscorrosa fellow under control and we won't have any complaints! :D
    Thwack wrote: »
    Schmoo - thanks for all you did while you were at the helm here! Hope to keep seeing your new shot posted…

KDog - congrats on being the new mod… :)
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Thanks to Schmoo clap.gifclapclap.gifbow

and welcome KDOG wings.gif

Thanks, guys!

BTW, who is the Coscorrosa person that people keep warning me about? I'll be watching for him. :rambo
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Haven't been in this section in awhile Joel - congrats!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • sgonensgonen Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Thanks Schmoo, great job! - hope you will still hang around.
    KDog - I see some exciting times ahead - although what's that saying about an old dog and new tricks?
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    kdog - Congrats on the new gig! I'll promise to behave myself, those other two jokers I'm not so sure about though...

schmoo - I'm sad to see you step down as moderator but truly appreciate the amount of time and effort you spent, those are some big (metaphorical) shoes for Joel to fill!