Challenge 50: Kentucky Colors

pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited October 23, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I went out looking for some great colors in nature the other day, and I realized that this challenge is really harder than it sounds.
What do you all think of these two?

40929991-M.jpg

40929964-M.jpg

I'm not sure if either of them are creative enough though. :dunno
Someone let me know what you think. In the mean time...I'm going to keep looking....
Amy

Comments

• SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    I like the 2nd shot for the actual scene but the sky is a little washed out, perhaps a polarizer would have helped, but I'm not sure. ne_nau.gif May be try a different time of the day like early morning to try and capture more colour. (also can you get more of the river in? The subject is a nice one thumb.gif
    The first shot doesn't have a lot of colour in there but I thoroughly understood what you were trying, I shot Quite a lot of similar shots the other day but couldn't get the results that I was seeing in front of my eyes most of the time.
    I'm forever staring up at tree's from this point of view. May be some direct sunlight on that bark could bring some nice colouring or a tighter shot on the leaves. Good efforts though thumb.gif
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    The second is a nice scene, but it doesn't say color to me.
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    A polarizer probably would have helped the second one. It was really misty out that day, that's why the sky is like that!
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    pepper44 wrote:
    I went out looking for some great colors in nature the other day, and I realized that this challenge is really harder than it sounds.
    I'll second that! The second image, while just as flat colorwise as what I've been shoting has the more interesting composition to my eye.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/