Misty Mountain Day

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited October 30, 2011 in Landscapes
242314895_Vk2Ls-X2.jpg

242315184_BCW7C-X2.jpg

242314831_YeDsn-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    Soft and beautiful, Tom. I like the first one best--the couple walking make the shot more interesting to me. I also like the touch of red in the bush on left. Nicely done!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    Classic shots beautifully presented, Tom!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Soft and beautiful, Tom. I like the first one best--the couple walking make the shot more interesting to me. I also like the touch of red in the bush on left. Nicely done!

Lauren

Thanks for the nice comment, Lauren. Usually this place is full of people....but not on this day. I had to wait a little for the folks in #1 to show up.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 29, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Classic shots beautifully presented, Tom!

Neil

Thanks, Neil, for the kind words.

Be well, my friend,

Tom
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    Very nice set Tom. I like the first and last. The first I connect more with because of the couple. The last one I really like but is it tilted a bit to the left? Maybe not but I find my head turning to that side in an attempt to "right" the photo.

You've capture a scene so foreign looking to a native Southern Californian like myself. Very beautiful and thanks for sharing with me.

Alex
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited October 29, 2011
    Very nice set Tom. I like the first and last. The first I connect more with because of the couple. The last one I really like but is it tilted a bit to the left? Maybe not but I find my head turning to that side in an attempt to "right" the photo.

You've capture a scene so foreign looking to a native Southern Californian like myself. Very beautiful and thanks for sharing with me.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I really appreciate your comments. The scene in # 3 is level. However, you have two circumstances that cause the trees to lean to the left. First, they are all on a slope that has a decided slant to the left.....particularly those on the left of the trail. Secondly, there is a big lake immediately on the left and the tress all naturally grow toward the water.

Take care,

Tom
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 29, 2011
    These are gorgeous, Tom. Excellent compositions and scenes. The fog gives them a wonderfully soft but colorful look.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Very nice. Lovely colors and effect.
    Anybody can do it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Very pretty!
    edited October 30, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    These are gorgeous, Tom. Excellent compositions and scenes. The fog gives them a wonderfully soft but colorful look.

Hi Joel,

I appreciate your support. When you get the right combination of light, weather, and, in this case, beautiful Fall colors, it's kind of hard to go wrong.

Tom
    edited October 30, 2011
    wfeller wrote: »
    Very nice. Lovely colors and effect.

Hi Walter,

It's good to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words.

Tom
    edited October 30, 2011
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Very pretty!

Thanks for looking in and commenting, Don.

Take care,

Tom
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    These are great. The fog really makes them stand out from typical foliage shots. Well done.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Tom- all three of these are great shots. The people had a great dynamic in the first shot and you have a perfect mix of fog and color. Really nice work.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • LightMagicLightMagic Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Wonderful pictures. The two people walking in the first one really adds to the picture. Well done.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Howdy Tom,

Just saw these images, what a stunning series, I really like them all
    but that First one is Unbelievable. Those beautiful Fall Colors, especially
    those Red leaves are just too much.

Looks like a wonderful place to relax and enjoy nature.

Very nicely done!! I think you've outdone yourself on these!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    "Hi Joel,
    I appreciate your support. When you get the right combination of light, weather, and, in this case, beautiful Fall colors, it's kind of hard to go wrong.
    Tom"

But . . . you still gotta know when to push the button! You are pretty good at this landscape stuff, Tom. :D

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Great colors, fabulous mood - well done!
    edited October 30, 2011
    bryanj87 wrote: »
    These are great. The fog really makes them stand out from typical foliage shots. Well done.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the nice comments. When I saw all the fog in the air around the lake, I knew if I was lucky I might catch some unique shots.

Tom
    edited October 30, 2011
    anwmn1 wrote: »
    Tom- all three of these are great shots. The people had a great dynamic in the first shot and you have a perfect mix of fog and color. Really nice work.

Thanks, Aaron, for taking the time to comment. Your recognition means a lot.

Tom
    edited October 30, 2011
    LightMagic wrote: »
    Wonderful pictures. The two people walking in the first one really adds to the picture. Well done.

I appreciate you nice comments. Thanks for looking in.

Tom
    edited October 30, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Tom,

Just saw these images, what a stunning series, I really like them all
    but that First one is Unbelievable. Those beautiful Fall Colors, especially
    those Red leaves are just too much.

Looks like a wonderful place to relax and enjoy nature.

Very nicely done!! I think you've outdone yourself on these!!!

Howdy you,

You may be right, my friend. Maybe I ought to sell all my gear and quit while I'm ahead:D

Take care, say hi to KK,

Tom
    edited October 30, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    "Hi Joel,
    Tom"

But . . . you still gotta know when to push the button! You are pretty good at this landscape stuff, Tom. :D

Lauren

Hi Lady,

Thanks for the encouragement. I shoot landscapes for relaxation. Shooting the car shows is the hard part.

Be sure and let me know any good reads you've had lately.

Tom
    edited October 30, 2011
    Cameron wrote: »
    Great colors, fabulous mood - well done!

Hi Cameron,

It's kind of you to say. Thanks for the comments.

Tom