Options

The good ole school Pictures!

lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited October 30, 2011 in People
My daughter's school is a small private school,and somehow the administrator of the school found some of my work online and requested that I photograph the school picutres. I was very reluctant, because I have never done any type of photostudio work before. I told the her that this would be my first time, and she still went ahead and agreed. She said compared to last year using a major photography brand, I couldn't do any worse. So I decided to land them a hand. I know school potraits aren't the most amazing work...and so forth, but it was something I wanted to do, had fun doing and maybe will do again. I know they aren't as special as senior potraits or engagements, however this was something new for me so please critique them away. I love everyone responses here...The goood the bad, and the very ugly... :) I think photographed about 100 subjects.
P.S. first time using strobes and any other kind of lighting. Do I get an A or fail with an F.
1. Teacher
DSC8114pp-1-L.jpg

2. Student
DSC8050-1-L.jpg

3. Daughter
DSC8129pp-1-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Hi lzfoto

I think these turned out very good for your first time doing school photos.

1) Great photo
    2) nice photo but look like something happened. You can not
    see the eye color like you can in the other photos.
    His skin tones also look different to me.
    3) Great photo

Are the parents going to buy them off your web site?
    Did the school offer you a set price to do the photos or are you going to split all sells with the school?

Chuck Cassidy,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    chuck,

Thanks for the email tip, and also for your advice here. I went back to look at picture number two and it the original seems to be good, but when I uploaded the file got compressed some way or another. I am going back to see what I did differently to save it. Thanks a bunch!

Liliya