Storm Clouds Over Taro Field

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited November 6, 2011 in Landscapes
I posted this panoramic early this week for feedback. The actual scene was quite beautiful and I sat in this field for 20 minutes, taking it in and admiring how beautiful it looked. I tried my best to capture what I saw. It was quite a challenge to shoot. I used a GND filter and took 3 bracketed exposures just to make sure I had something to work with.

The first pass editing this pano, which I posted, was rather blah; not even close to what I remembered. I got some feedback on ways to crop and also edit it to improve the shot. I reworked the shot from scratch and worked those suggestions into this edit. I'm a lot happier with this version. I think the clouds and sky are much more dramatic and really make the photo, where the previous version, the foreground was too overwhelming. BTW, thanks Zoomer for the suggestion of desaturated the taro leaves a bit.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this one. I may end up printed this large for my office:

[click on the photo to view larger; a must for this shot]

8001828D-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    No question, this version is a good bit improved and I share your enthusiasm for it. And you're right....it does help a lot to view the larger image. Good work.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 31, 2011
    Looks great, Alex! That sky with the rain falling on the mountains is amazing.
  • fineartblackwhitefineartblackwhite Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2011
    pretty nice panorama
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2011
    Thanks guys.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Awesome shot.