Options

August 27th, 2011 Wedding

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited November 2, 2011 in Weddings
Trying to get caught up on posting my recent weddings here :)

1. You know me, I like my mirrors :)
1474953031_VBZPh3L-L.jpg

1474952407_BcVWF85-L.jpg

1474954079_tHgb7Mv-L.jpg

1474973264_ZrXGHPt-L.jpg

1474972497_hrtMZrq-L.jpg

6. I've been experimenting with HDR at weddings, usually it doesn't work, but this one I liked. For comparison is the non HDR next to it.
1474966698_cdzfGfB-L.jpg1474966621_QBz8Gjn-L.jpg

1474973472_8PBgWzk-L.jpg

8. Another HDR & original for your comparison
1474969177_CZQDb6P-L.jpg1474969862_LSvmkVN-L.jpg

1474981859_7qRBSBn-L.jpg

1474976254_dwV2MKj-L.jpg

1474977188_6kD6kKR-L.jpg

1474979331_vFqBzbR-L.jpg

1474986341_zkXqgNj-L.jpg

More here

Comments

• Options
    Executive Images PhotoExecutive Images Photo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    On 10 and 11...I would have positioned myself better so the speaker didnt show in the photos. Also not to crazy about the HDR. Good exposures though. :D
    Matthew Baratucci
    Owner/Photographer
    Executive Images Photography

www.executiveimagesphotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2011
    On 10 and 11...I would have positioned myself better so the speaker didnt show in the photos. Also not to crazy about the HDR. Good exposures though. :D

Unfortunately with the layout of the dance floor it was either the speakers, the dj booth, the signing table, or the guests that were in view. I wish I had a clean view of just pretty background to work with but with how they did it there it was near impossible :( Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    I love one and five. Very pretty prep shot, and sweet joyous emotion on that recessional.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    2, 3, 5, 6, 11, and 13 work pretty well for me :) I think #1 is really nice, but the toning doesn't do it for me. I think the HDR worked well on 6 - really bringing out that background. For the other one, the dress was blown out in the non-HDR but looked slightly underexposed on the HDR version.

I like where you're going with this HDR approach and you might be able to get some really great stuff as you are able to do more of it. Maybe it would be easier to pick one or two setups that you know you want to do an HDR image with and do two or so frames with the couple and then do the rest of the frames of just the background. That way you can keep the variation of light on the people (so it doesn't accidentally come out looking flat) while working up the background.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2011
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    2, 3, 5, 6, 11, and 13 work pretty well for me :) I think #1 is really nice, but the toning doesn't do it for me. I think the HDR worked well on 6 - really bringing out that background. For the other one, the dress was blown out in the non-HDR but looked slightly underexposed on the HDR version.

I like where you're going with this HDR approach and you might be able to get some really great stuff as you are able to do more of it. Maybe it would be easier to pick one or two setups that you know you want to do an HDR image with and do two or so frames with the couple and then do the rest of the frames of just the background. That way you can keep the variation of light on the people (so it doesn't accidentally come out looking flat) while working up the background.

Hmm interesting thought. Right now I've just been doing an -1, 0 and +1 for my HDR exposures...but haven't tried removing the couple from the photo all together too...will have to try that next! It's very tricky for me to keep them looking somewhat natural when I bump up their surroundings to get that desired look, been a constant learning process, I only decided to start trying out HDR's in weddings at the wedding before this one, so it's still a new work in progress for me. Eventually I'll figure this formula out, and in the meanwhile I don't rely on it for shots at all so I can still produce my normal expected photos for the couple ;) I try to keep the amount of HDR's I shoot since I started doing this fairly minimal.