Options

NEF file recovery-Mac

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited October 31, 2011 in Finishing School
Hi!! and HEEEEEEELP

I have no clue how this happened. After my session last sunday, I downloaded them locally and backed them up to my external HD. Now, I go edit them AND some pictures are missing.. :( a whole series of this specific photo session is gone! I know I saw them while they were downloading and I was sorting through them. I used Stellar data recovery, it recovers some from that session but not the ones I am looking for :( I searched the backup, and there are some files there that I believe are the ones missing, but I can't open them. They are NEF. When I try opening them it says that the file type is not supported :(

Suggestions please on any other data recovery for Mac or maybe i am missing something with Stellar.. I have read great things about it.

Thanks!
GG

Comments

• Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2011
    arent the pics on the card anymore ?
    it is good practice to first check them in PC , before removing them from the card

if you did not used the card again afterwards , try recover from card ( with card-reader , not w camera-USB )

also , try not to open w stellar , just forse recover without opening / checking
    ( if it has that function )
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    arent the pics on the card anymore ?
    it is good practice to first check them in PC , before removing them from the card

if you did not used the card again afterwards , try recover from card ( with card-reader , not w camera-USB )

also , try not to open w stellar , just forse recover without opening / checking
    ( if it has that function )

The crazy thing is that I did check them while they were downloading and after, I did what I usually do.. label them. All the ones I labeled to review are the ones missing.

I already used the card :( So weird because it recovers some pictures from that session then it goes on finding picture from like 3mos ago.

How do I force recovery w.o opening stellar?
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2011
    weird
    i think they are damaged or corrupted
    then recovery software wont help

you labeled ?
    with what ? how ?
    you saw them on PC , and not after labeling , ,,,,,???
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    weird
    i think they are damaged or corrupted
    then recovery software wont help

you labeled ?
    with what ? how ?
    you saw them on PC , and not after labeling , ,,,,,???

I color code them in Bridge. I called Stellar, they suggested I scan my mac if the files were ones there and just search for NEF files.. Doing that right now.. So hope it works.