Options

Recent AZ Wedding

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
edited November 4, 2011 in Weddings
I don't do many weddings but seemed to get roped into one a year. The groom is a friend of mine.

i-4t5q4qd-L.jpg
i-GW4S4vx-L.jpg
i-W6fBpLK-L.jpg
i-FM6shrJ-L.jpg
i-KJm7nsj-L.jpg
i-gsMzkgW-L.jpg
i-NPvwm3D-L.jpg
i-c6jp69F-L.jpg
i-HNfHxtx-L.jpg
i-WFTnT63-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    I like these on the whole. Your treatment is a little austere, untypically for a wedding, emphasised by the high percentage of b&w. That plus some unusual settings and poses (which don't gush in an emotionally exaggerated way - good!) make this set remarkably distinctive.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    Nice set overall for someone who doesn't typically shoot weddings :) 2 & 4 seem a little "cool" to be, might be worth warming up their white balance just a touch. I like most of your work w/ the couple themselves, only complaints are in #8 he looks like he's got his mouth open which is just a little weird and the last one I feel like I'm looking up the bride's nose. Those are the only things that bother me a littler, overall very nice :)
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    I like these on the whole. Your treatment is a little austere, untypically for a wedding, emphasised by the high percentage of b&w. That plus some unusual settings and poses (which don't gush in an emotionally exaggerated way - good!) make this set remarkably distinctive.

Neil

Neil- thank for taking the time to comment.

Aaron Newman

• Options
    edited November 2, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    Nice set overall for someone who doesn't typically shoot weddings :) 2 & 4 seem a little "cool" to be, might be worth warming up their white balance just a touch. I like most of your work w/ the couple themselves, only complaints are in #8 he looks like he's got his mouth open which is just a little weird and the last one I feel like I'm looking up the bride's nose. Those are the only things that bother me a littler, overall very nice :)

Shima - thanks for the comments. You are not the first to mention to cooler tones. I guess that seems to be part of my style or vision as it is common throughout my work. ne_nau.gif I'll have to work on that a bit.

#8 - I see what you mean and I agree. They were unable to hold the 1/2" apart pose - talking and kissing the whole time made it difficult to get that perfect shot. :D

You should not be looking up peoples noses- nothing good can come of that. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks again for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.

Aaron Newman

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    I love the emotion you captured in #10. My favorite of the set.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    This goes to show you...
    A pretty bride is more important than a handsome groom in wedding photography...