Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L

tarapachecotarapacheco Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited November 17, 2011 in House of Canon
Finally getting to selling my Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L (non-IS). Near mint condition, barely used. Comes with Canon storage pouch and caps; don't believe I have the box, though I'm still looking.

This is a great and affordable lens from Canon's L series. I have been reluctant to sell, but never use this lens as I prefer prime. It would be better off with an appreciative photographer than just sitting around in my camera bag.

The lens is in excellent working and cosmetic condition, clean and dust-free.

There is a single cosmetic blemish where the lettering of the "J" in "Made in Japan" wore off (again, it's 100% cosmetic; see photos).

Asking $500 (I will cover S&H/PayPal fees to lower 48). PayPal preferred method of payment.

SEE ALL PHOTOS: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarapacheco/tags/lenssale/

Note: I am also selling a brand new-in-box, never used Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens (not pictured) and can combine with this purchase for a total of $550. Let me know if you are interested.

6300562641_896d160fb3.jpg

Comments

• BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    Wow, not knowing much about 70-200 L lens.
    Is this what people call first generation?
    I noticed it's non IS, besides that what does the new generation does that this one doesn't??

Bounty
    :photo
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    Is this what people call first generation?
    I noticed it's non IS, besides that what does the new generation does that this one doesn't??

Bounty

No, it's the only generation. I have it, and it's great mwink.gif

There are two generations of the 70-200 f/2.8L IS, version I and version II. They're both much heavier and more expensive than this lens for sale.
  • tarapachecotarapacheco Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    For the price, it's an excellent lens. I'm only selling it because I just don't use it for my particular style of photography, and it takes up space I need!
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011

I also have one of these, but normally am using longer glass.
    The last time I did use my 70-200, the subject ended up buying Portrait Pro (on special offer) so's she could ... ahhh... how do I say this ... 'slightly modify the visible signs of aging' that were rendered by the lens :)

A nice piece of (affordable and relatively light) kit.

To the OP - might it be an idea to mention the date code so's people who want to know such info have it available?

pp