Options

How Much Do I Charge?

Stacey LStacey L Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
edited October 22, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
I was the photographer at our church's banquet last week and now some people want to buy some prints. I posted the pics to smugmug so people could order whatever they wanted, but one lady only wants to pay cash. Since I have to process these prints now, I'm wondering how much to charge her for 8 4x6's and 1 5x7.

Thanks,
Stacey
Stacey

"Be strong, courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, because the Lord my God is with you; He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    Whatever you think you can get away with:-)
    Stacey L wrote:
    I was the photographer at our church's banquet last week and now some people want to buy some prints. I posted the pics to smugmug so people could order whatever they wanted, but one lady only wants to pay cash. Since I have to process these prints now, I'm wondering how much to charge her for 8 4x6's and 1 5x7.

Thanks,
    Stacey
    Here's a sticky for ya deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    I think in this case your options are a bit more limited. you've put them on smugmug for people to buy there. What is the price for the photos there? Did anyone order them yet?

If so, I would make the prices the same, including the shipping for the lady who wants to pay cash. I don't think you want any hard feelings from someone who ends up paying more/less than one of their friends. You can either get them printed locally, or just have her pay you and you order them from smugmug ...

Going forward, you can consider what you want to charge.

For engagements such as this, I have charged $2 for a 4x6 (3 for $5 to encourage multiple buys), $5 for a 5x7, and $16 for an 8x10.

Just my 2 cents.

Brad
  • Options
    Stacey LStacey L Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. What I did was very nicely tell the lady that since I was now going to process these pictures myself. I was going to charge her 20.00 for 8 4x6's (4 for 10) and 3.99 for 1 5x7. This seems fair to me.

digismile wrote:
    I think in this case your options are a bit more limited. you've put them on smugmug for people to buy there. What is the price for the photos there? Did anyone order them yet?

If so, I would make the prices the same, including the shipping for the lady who wants to pay cash. I don't think you want any hard feelings from someone who ends up paying more/less than one of their friends. You can either get them printed locally, or just have her pay you and you order them from smugmug ...

Going forward, you can consider what you want to charge.

For engagements such as this, I have charged $2 for a 4x6 (3 for $5 to encourage multiple buys), $5 for a 5x7, and $16 for an 8x10.

Just my 2 cents.

Brad
    Stacey

"Be strong, courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, because the Lord my God is with you; He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20