Options

copy rights

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited November 3, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
hello:i was wondering if anyone could recomend a copyright company.i want to copyright the photos of my website.is trademark separate from copyright?is it required? thank you

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    A trademark is very different from copyright...all images as soon as taken are copyrighted...but need to be registered with the US copyright office for the best protection...meaning that if you ever have to sue some one and the image or images are not registered with the US Copyright OFFICE then the courts may just toss it out.... or at best only give you a very small award.....they tend to feel that if ones does not take the tie to register the copyright then they do not value the images enough to bother with the registering ,so why should we hand out huge awards to someone not willing to do all the work to garner the best protection. This can be done on line for very little money. especially when you price it per image.

Trade Marks on the other hand are hugely different...and extremely expensive for most ..... .... ... ... ...Example from Wikipedia: Coco Cola is produced by The Coca-Cola Company of Atlanta, Georgia, and is often referred to simply as Coke (a registered trademark of The Coca-Cola Company in the ... ... ... any time you see a name of a product with a tiny R in a circle that symbol means this is a registered trademark......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    copyright
    thanks
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 1, 2011
    Please visit the "Photographer's Resources" sticky thread at the top of this forum for links to all manner of support information. thumb.gif
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    ...they tend to feel that if ones does not take the tie to register the copyright then they do not value the images enough to bother with the registering ,so why should we hand out huge awards to someone not willing to do all the work to garner the best protection.
    It's not a question of the courts not thinking you value your photos - the law is quite specific about limits on awards if you have not registered with the Copyright Office. As Angelo said, check the links for more information!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    moose135 wrote: »
    It's not a question of the courts not thinking you value your photos - the law is quite specific about limits on awards if you have not registered with the Copyright Office. As Angelo said, check the links for more information!

Moose, I was simply trying to show the OP that you are not going to get diddly if they are not registered...sorry I dumbed it down too far....I have been registering images since 1978.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website