Options

Experience with this monitor?

the brightlinethe brightline Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited October 22, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
Hello All~

Now that I'm moving from my 17" PB to my new (Andy's old) loaded G5, monitors come into play and I'm seriously considering one of the models below. Does anyone have any experience with either? I've searched this forum and found only a passing reference, more price related. tomshardware.com gave the 2180/321 twins a stellar review.

NEC 2080UX
NEC 2180UX (tomshardware said the LaCie 321 was essentially the same as NEC's 2180)

Of course there is always Apple's 20" display....

I read too many trouble reports with the Dell 2005FPW to consider it, although I have a Inspiron 8200 that has never given me one iota of trouble.

With my space constraints, I think I want to stick to 20/21".

I strongly doubt I'll be picking up a second monitor anytime soon.

So, I'm open to any positive or negative comments on any of the above.

Thanks in advance! :):
michele

www.thebrightline.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    Hello All~

Now that I'm moving from my 17" PB to my new (Andy's old) loaded G5, monitors come into play and I'm seriously considering one of the models below. Does anyone have any experience with either? I've searched this forum and found only a passing reference, more price related. tomshardware.com gave the 2180/321 twins a stellar review.

NEC 2080UX
    NEC 2180UX (tomshardware said the LaCie 321 was essentially the same as NEC's 2180)

Of course there is always Apple's 20" display....

I read too many trouble reports with the Dell 2005FPW to consider it, although I have a Inspiron 8200 that has never given me one iota of trouble.

With my space constraints, I think I want to stick to 20/21".

I strongly doubt I'll be picking up a second monitor anytime soon.

So, I'm open to any positive or negative comments on any of the above.

Thanks in advance! :):

wave.gif hiya michele

i don't have experience with either of those, but i'm hoping now that this will show up in "new posts" for some members, that maybe someone will chime in.

i use the 23" acd and couldn't be happier. i know they're more money than you were planning on but....