Options

NYC in the 1940's (Link)

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited November 3, 2011 in Street and Documentary
I loved these and wanted to share.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056415/Stunning-images-1940s-cast-spotlight-New-York-Citys-Radical-Camera.html

Look at the drawings in photo #1, I can look at them all day, it shows what the kids were interested in back then. Loved the cowboy and the submarine:) and question, what does POS mean, I know only one meaning, but I doubt that's what they meant (or their mothers would have walloped them). I crack up at the bottom too, I think a kid was doing long division.
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    Great set
    Areat set of images. Imagine the technical problems which these photogrphers encountered with their older equipment...
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056415/Stunning-images-1940s-cast-spotlight-New-York-Citys-Radical-Camera.html

Look at the drawings in photo #1, I can look at them all day, it shows what the kids were interested in back then. Loved the cowboy and the submarine:) and question, what does POS mean, I know only one meaning, but I doubt that's what they meant (or their mothers would have walloped them). I crack up at the bottom too, I think a kid was doing long division.

Thanks for sharing this. I will have to revisit it.

POS is sod viewed upside down...headscratch.gif Guessing it is someone's initials as they did not have texting shortcuts then...
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2011
    Thanks for the link.... A great set of shot depicting a time gone-by.

And the POS might be something to do with the Prospect Schools?
  • Options
    NmahoochNmahooch Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    Maybe my pics will looks nearly this good in 60 years.!?! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011

Thank you, thank you! And what mix of well known - including Weegee, Ruth Orkin, and Lisette Model - and relatively unknown photographers. And that first image really is a killer.clap.gifclap
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    Now that's how I want to Capture !

Great stuff thanks for the Link.