Dropped cameras

marionetmarionet Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
edited November 27, 2011 in The Big Picture
Do people who drop cameras also drop other things, or do they single out cameras?

Comments

• chickendropchickendrop Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    marionet wrote: »
    Do people who drop cameras also drop other things, or do they single out cameras?

"I don't drop many things, but when I do I drop my camera."

Just dropped my camera last week and shattered a $300 singh ray filter. Luckily it saved the lens.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    Nope just cameras. Three times over the years, usually it is the lens that gets bent, only had to repair one camera. But tumbling 20 yards down into a canyon will do that. Never had any glass break....they just get bent.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,240 moderator
    edited November 22, 2011
    When I was younger, I dropped a few girl friends, but never any of my cameras. What I am fearing more is dropping my Toyota Smart Key for my car and messing that up (or losing one). Those things cost much more than a camera repair.

At the last DGrin Shootout in Acadia a couple years back, I was shooting a waterfall under a bridge. Someone 25 feet above me dropped their point and shoot onto my head, it bounced off and then fell into the stream. My head was fine, but the camera didn't fare as well.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2011
    David_S85 wrote: »
    At the last DGrin Shootout in Acadia a couple years back, I was shooting a waterfall under a bridge. Someone 25 feet above me dropped their point and shoot onto my head, it bounced off and then fell into the stream. My head was fine, but the camera didn't fare as well.

So that reputation for being hard-headed has merit? :D
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,240 moderator
    edited November 27, 2011
    Cameron wrote: »
    So that reputation for being hard-headed has merit? :D

Could be, but that point-and-shoot was a very teeny (and wet) ex-camera.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 27, 2011
    We call a guy at work butterfingers. He dropped his brand new Nikon D90 as he was taking it out of the box. He drops all kinds of things at work. I would NEVER hand him my D700.