Macro via flipped lens

Kat18Kat18 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited November 4, 2011 in Holy Macro
Hey guys! A little while back I discovered that, in lieu of a macro lens, we can just take off whatever lens we are using (such as the 18-55 kit lens which makes up the entirety of my lens collection), flip it around, and hold it up to the camera and it works really well for super close up shots. This past week I gave it a shot (no pun intended). This is how they turned out. Tell me what you think! I appreciate critiquing, just keep in mind that I only got my first D-SLR a few weeks ago (Canon Rebel T1i), which is what I used in these photos.

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

As a side question: I'm calling my photography work "His Display" because I believe God's creation is beautiful and so much of what I capture is "His Display". However, do I need to actually be a business to use it in my signature? I'm not "official" or "professional". Is that okay? Or should I just stick with my name?

Thanks!

Comments

• basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    i like em
    esp 3 and 5

dont know about watermark / signature
    guess its your decision
    maybe make it more subtle , less distracting , perhaps
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    Good captures with the reversed lens !
    Brian V.
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    Very nice images, especially if manually holding the lens up to the camera. Inexpensive adapter rings are available that enable you attach the lens to the body. I believe one side matches the body's bayonet, and the other end screws into the filter threads on the front of the lens.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com