Options

Diane and Danny :: wedding

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited November 4, 2011 in Weddings
Hi there. Blogged.

It pissed rain and snow at the end of October in NJ?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

But in the end it was still a beautiful thing.

IMG1752-L.jpg

IMG2228-Edit-L.jpg

IMG2242-L.jpg

IMG2393-Edit-L.jpg

IMG2723-L.jpg

Thanks for taking a look! :D:D
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    Nice stuff Ted!!! Lovin' 2. Would you describe how you shot 4? Very interesting bit of confusion there!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2011
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Nice stuff Ted!!! Lovin' 2. Would you describe how you shot 4? Very interesting bit of confusion there!

Matt

Easy. I saw some stained glass and shot through it. rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    I really like these Ted ~ they are all very much you.

I'm going to pick on #5 (the other ones are just too damn good):

Composition:I think I know what you are trying to do by stacking the wall on the left and making the view look in on the couple (or am I looking into a mirror...) . But I don't think it works here. The little bit of light and the bright spot on the front wall to the left draws your eye there (and that is presumably why you didn't include more of the wall). I think this needs more foreground and less background (there is too much dead space, especially on the top 1/3 of the frame).

The Pose: since he appears bigger than her, place him farther away from the camera and left her "block" part of him. It will make him look smaller and her look stronger. Next make sure that there are no dangling hands! His left hand looks lost, which makes me think he is only kissing her because you asked him to.

Also on #2: do you think it would be cool with the steam on the window right in front of her face to just have her wipe away a small strip in front of her eyes? Just an idea.

Seriously. Well played.
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2011
    I really like these Ted ~ they are all very much you.

I'm going to pick on #5 (the other ones are just too damn good):

Composition:I think I know what you are trying to do by stacking the wall on the left and making the view look in on the couple (or am I looking into a mirror...) . But I don't think it works here. The little bit of light and the bright spot on the front wall to the left draws your eye there (and that is presumably why you didn't include more of the wall). I think this needs more foreground and less background (there is too much dead space, especially on the top 1/3 of the frame).

The Pose: since he appears bigger than her, place him farther away from the camera and left her "block" part of him. It will make him look smaller and her look stronger. Next make sure that there are no dangling hands! His left hand looks lost, which makes me think he is only kissing her because you asked him to.

Also on #2: do you think it would be cool with the steam on the window right in front of her face to just have her wipe away a small strip in front of her eyes? Just an idea.

Seriously. Well played.

I wanted to pull a you in the trees. But by the time we got that part of the day the slush rain came down much harder. They were ok with the snow, but icy rain is no fun.

I guess it does look like I told him to kiss her, but, actually I was just looking in the mirror for something to do and saw him kiss her on the neck.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2011
    I wanted to pull a you in the trees. But by the time we got that part of the day the slush rain came down much harder. They were ok with the snow, but icy rain is no fun.

I guess it does look like I told him to kiss her, but, actually I was just looking in the mirror for something to do and saw him kiss her on the neck.

My main issue w/ your last photo in the set is that the shadows and lighting are a bit distracting as is for me, I'd have cropped it in a little closer or tried some fill flash to reduce some shadows. Really love all your other artsy shots and a bunch of kickass photos on your blog too.

PS - don't forget to enter the dgrin challenge this month, wedding dress photos! :)
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    #2 is Killer!

#4 has a Halloween look to it :)

#5 I agree with what everyone is saying...the bright light on the left is very distracting.

Good set on the blog.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook