Options

Bay Photo Goodness

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited November 5, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I put this in the business section but my comments apply to individuals as well.

I have been recommending Bay based on my observations and visit to their facilities, but this is the first time I have called them with a concern.

I ordered a 24" X 36" print mounted on gatorboard and with a protective laminate. The photo was great, the mounting, laminate were very nice. Packaging was far better than most I have seen. Unfortunately even with the great packaging there was a ding / crushed corner.

I called and spoke with customer service explaining the damage. I did explain the damage was small and I thought I would offer my client the option of accepting it as is or having it reprinted.

Without hesitation Bay's response was no, we will reprint it.

I must admit I am much happier to be able to provide a pristine product to my client, but a little sad that Bay is taking the hit for a product that was 95% good.

Bottom line you can have confidence and trust Bay Photo.

Sam

Comments

• Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    That is great Sam, But i think they should have done that for sure anyway, after all it is them who packed it. I think it is a shame that the good company's have to eat the mistakes or carelessness of the shipper but we do pay the shipping charge after all and I am confident that they have insurance for that kind of stuff. Having said that I have received damaged goods and had to fight the company to get it replaced so we all appreciate a good company that takes care of it's clients.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    This is why we chose them as our Pro Lab! Thanks for the post, Sam!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    deb22 wrote: »
    I am confident that they have insurance

We don't insure for this sort of stuff - we just deal with it. When you ship millions of prints, many millions of orders, stuff like this is bound to happen - it's beyond our control, even with the amazing packaging that Bay uses. We just deal with it :D
  • Options
    idiotabroadidiotabroad Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2011
    Yes Bay Photo is a great company. Best customer service and prints are amazing on all types of media.
    Mark

If you don't agree with me then your wrong.
    I can't be held accountable for what I say, I'm bipolar.