Options

Thugs

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited November 7, 2011 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2011
    Don't get the title - I'm guessing they're feral? - but love the image. I might tend to up the contrast somewhat, but...
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2011
    Juano, It's a fascinating shot and good street photography -- the kind without people. Don't you dare raise the contrast. It's perfect just as it is. If you raise it you're going to lose the dogs' faces and blow out the wall on the left. Leave it alone. It's good stuff. Bravo!
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2011
    Thanks for the comments guys. I lowered the brightness on the left hand wall and tried to keep the main dog well exposed. Not sure if I succeeded. I'll keep working with it.

These dogs are feral to some extent, but if you shake things up they all eventually have an owner. The title to me suggests that they are the owners of that street and you shouldn't mess with them.
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    I saw the title you posted and really didn't know what I was going to get. That was half the fun of opening the post. :D

The other half was a big grin when I saw the image. I knew right away what the title was about. I really like how the dogs are on the sharp slope that trails off behind them as well as the sloped roof lines leading my eye through the dogs and then beyond into the forest. Not sure how you could have changed the posture of the left dog, but the head down shows some submission, not a strong trait in a real street thug. thumb.gif

• Options
    edited November 7, 2011
    M38A1 wrote: »
    I saw the title you posted and really didn't know what I was going to get. That was half the fun of opening the post. :D

The other half was a big grin when I saw the image. I knew right away what the title was about. I really like how the dogs are on the sharp slope that trails off behind them as well as the sloped roof lines leading my eye through the dogs and then beyond into the forest. Not sure how you could have changed the posture of the left dog, but the head down shows some submission, not a strong trait in a real street thug. thumb.gif

Thanks, I just thought it was funny how the dogs were guarding their street and the one on the left was trying to size me up.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2011
    Great title! Makes me think if I tried to walk down there that those dogs would aggessively defend their street.
    Cool shot, I like that you were able to keep it straight with all the crazy angles in play...imagine you referenced that tree in the center.
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2011
    zoomer wrote: »
    Great title! Makes me think if I tried to walk down there that those dogs would aggessively defend their street.
    Cool shot, I like that you were able to keep it straight with all the crazy angles in play...imagine you referenced that tree in the center.

Many thanks! glad you liked it.