Options

Homepage EventThumbnails & Non-Lab Sales PAckages

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited November 8, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
1. Is there a way to display a featured thumbnail on a featured event on the HOMEPAGE.

2. I am planning on using a local color lab for some special work but want to enable client to assemble packages as if BAYFOTO or EZPRINTS were printing and mailing the order.

Right now I am about to instruct the clients to create a favorites gallery, enable comments and have them write what they'd want for each image (primative).

I would much rather have the client compile a package or add prints based on my prices and they place the order that way since they have already paid a deposit and an agreed fee for my baseline package.

thanks in advance!

[url]http://www.penosoimages.com:lust[/url]

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Hi,

1. That's something not possible at this time for password protected events. It may be something we add in a future version of events.

2. I have no better workflow to suggest to you on doing that. Maybe someone else has another a better idea.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2011
    Hi,

1. That's something not possible at this time for password protected events. It may be something we add in a future version of events.

2. I have no better workflow to suggest to you on doing that. Maybe someone else has another a better idea.

I did see finally where if you don't buy from smugmugs color labs you wont be able to use their shopping cart.
    I use BAYPHOTO because they are the best but my client during this photo campaign have already paid me and i cant very well ask them to pay again just to use the shopping cart. I had my own package.
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2011
    We do offer EZprints and BayPhoto as our labs:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93270-two-print-labs
    I'm not sure what I'm missing. Maybe you can elaborate.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2011
    I'm not sure what I'm missing. Maybe you can elaborate.

The Clients have already paid me for their photo sessions.

I usually use BAYFOTO.

But in this case, for the client to use the SHOPPING CART to assemble the packages and prints etc.....they have to complete the order online with a credit card etc..... ( but they have already paid me ).

I thought there was a way to avoid drop shipping.

:ivar
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2011
    That's correct, your client can't place an order without paying for at least the cost prices.
    In that case you could only place an order yourself for your client by having the client tell you what print sizes they want to have for what photo. You could then enter their shipping address on the order you place.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2011
    That's correct, your client can't place an order without paying for at least the cost prices.
    In that case you could only place an order yourself for your client by having the client tell you what print sizes they want to have for what photo. You could then enter their shipping address on the order you place.
    So, if I did go this route and sent this to them would they recieve any reciept or see MY price for the images?
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2011
    No, we don't include receipts in orders and you can safely drop ship orders.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    I've had this happen once as well and I just created a coupon for the client in the amount they paid me--problem solved. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!