edited November 6, 2011 in People
4.jpg

2)4.jpg
3)4.jpg

4)4.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Really nice! On my monitor they all look slightly dark, but I'll let others chime in on that to corroborate.

1 Love the light and colours. Would have been even nicer if her hair hadn't been in the way, but in some ways that accentuates the attention onto the boy.

2. Nice shot, although perhaps slightly soft? Hard to tell at this size (and I've noticed recently that images in dgrin are displaying soft for me - not sure what that's about).

3. Weakest of the set, for me -again, a bit soft. Can you boost contrast a bit to get more attention on the subject instead of the brighter bg?

4. Again, looks soft - seems on this one focus landed on the guy's sweater instead of the boy. Like the comp and feel though. I might clone out the lampost - ymmv.

Overall, though, a good eye for light and comp. Sharpen 'em/snap 'em up a bit and they're winners!
  • MadmodMadmod Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Thank you for the reply. I am thinking I am going to have to send my 70-200 back to Nikon. I am getting a ton of really soft or just plain out of focus shots. Does anyone know the turn around on something like this?
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Cute family cute shots. When using backlight it usually requires a black point increae and or contrast adjust. Did you run these through unsharp mask? They look like they may just need to be sharpened??
    edited November 6, 2011
    I am not much of a photoshop guy at all. I do all of my stuff in Lightroom. I sharpened them allittle bit in lightroom but I didn't want to go over the top. I like to shoot everything racked out on the 70-200. Someone told me it could be the VR causing this. Is that even possiable?
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    If you are using a Tripod, the VR can cause blur. It assume you have some jitter and ends up creating it if there is none... That's the same across any of the lens makes, so not just a Nikon issue.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited November 6, 2011
    adbsgicom wrote: »
    If you are using a Tripod, the VR can cause blur. It assume you have some jitter and ends up creating it if there is none... That's the same across any of the lens makes, so not just a Nikon issue.

I did some reading on it and that was the only thing I could find also. I was hoping this might be the issue but it looks like I may be sending the lens back to Nikon. Mainly due to none of these being shot under 1/160th of a sec.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Madmod wrote: »
    I did some reading on it and that was the only thing I could find also. I was hoping this might be the issue but it looks like I may be sending the lens back to Nikon. Mainly due to none of these being shot under 1/160th of a sec.

Were you using a tripod?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site