Options

Adding Picture To Customer's Order

tom30tom30 Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited November 8, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way to add a free picture (my gift) to a customer's order? A couple of the pictures that the parent ordered of her son at a recent football game aren't the best in quality (he is in the background and a little out of focus and I think she ordered them as they are the only ones available of her son), but I found one that looks OK with revised cropping that I would like to give her in the pending order. Is that possible? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    woodsphotowoodsphoto Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2011
    I don't believe there is. You could only replace a photo which wouldn't serve your purpose.

I've ran into the same situation before. I ended up having the pictures printed with my own personal order and delivered them at a practice. The other parent's saw this and were envious of the print, sparked a few orders!!
  • Options
    tom30tom30 Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2011
    woodsphoto wrote: »
    I don't believe there is. You could only replace a photo which wouldn't serve your purpose.

I've ran into the same situation before. I ended up having the pictures printed with my own personal order and delivered them at a practice. The other parent's saw this and were envious of the print, sparked a few orders!!

Thanks. I don't know the customer and it is an out of town order, so I believe I will create a coupon and notify the parent how to use it to get the photo.
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    tom30 wrote: »
    Thanks. I don't know the customer and it is an out of town order, so I believe I will create a coupon and notify the parent how to use it to get the photo.

I'm fairly certain you could also order the print yourself and have it shipped directly to them (if you know which print you want them to have) since you should have their shipping address.