Options

What emails go to customer during the ordering process?

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited November 8, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've had my site for some time and have lots of orders but I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know when/what emails are sent to customers and what these emails look like or even if any are sent. Can someone clue me in? I've been sending customers an email after the order is placed and when I send it to the lab after proofing.
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Customers get an order confirmation email which includes their billing and shipping details serving as a receipt. It also re-iterates the estimated processing times that were given during the checkout process.

Once their order ships, they receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number if available.

If you have never placed an order on your site, I'd recommend you give the whole process a try. If you place the order logged in as the account owner, you only pay for the default prices and not your Pro prices. Note that this means you wouldn't be able to proof the order as orders placed by yourself are not showing in your Pro order history and can't be proofed.

If you'd like to test out the proof delay as well, just set up a special gallery where you set the price for a 4x6 or any other non-expensive item 1 cent above cost. Then order it logged out with the cheapest shipping method. Oh, and don't forget setting up proof delay in the gallery settings as well.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero