Canon 7D body

austinado16austinado16 Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited November 9, 2011 in House of Canon
Looking to upgrade from my 50D to a 7D for gymnastics shooting. I've just put the 50D up for sale here, so if anyone is considering the sale of their 7D, please get in touch with me. Can't really do anything until my 50D sells, as those funds will be part of what I use for the 7D.

Looking for something in very nice condition, in it's box with all of it's original books, cables, CD, etc. just as it came when new. So if you're like me and take care of your gear, get ahold of me. I'm not interested in something that's missing the box and all the stuff, and/or has been slung over your shoulder like a purse and beat against everything on the planet, spent time at the beach or the dirt race track, etc.
Let's face it; more gear than sense.

Canon 7D... Canon 70-200/2.8L IS... Canon 28-70/2.8L... Canon 135/f2L... Canon 85/1.8... Canon 50/1.4... Canon 28/1.8

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Todd,

You might want to consider the Canon Loyalty Program if you have any old spare Canon camera to trade in. Dgrin has a thread relating to the CLP. You save 20% off the refurbished equipment price. I got mine through CLP last month and the total cost was $1,182.33 (tax included).

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • austinado16austinado16 Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Thanks for the tip! So......what'd you wind up buying, and how do you like it?

Just looked on the Canon refurb site and they have a 7D, but it's $1,359. Seems like a refurb would be more like a grand.

Just called the CLP and they don't want my working 50D. They just want broken digital or film cameras. Current price on a 7D thorugh the loyalty program is $1,087.00.

Guess I need to get on ebay and find a broken P&S.

Canon 7D... Canon 70-200/2.8L IS... Canon 28-70/2.8L... Canon 135/f2L... Canon 85/1.8... Canon 50/1.4... Canon 28/1.8
    edited November 8, 2011
    I got the 7D.:D My 40D went on the blink a few months ago so I'd rather upgrade than repair it. I traded in an old Canon A300 that I had.

I really enjoy the 7D so far even though I don't shoot gymnastics anymore. Now the kids are in dance.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
    edited November 9, 2011
    ...Just called the CLP and they don't want my working 50D...
    Keep your 50D as a backup or sell it. Get a discontinued Canon P&S from eBay for the trade in.

Cuong
  • austinado16austinado16 Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Yep, selling the 50D to help pay for the 7D. Buddy of mine just ordered a CLP 7D this morning. His wife has a 40D and she and I are always shooting together at the meets. She's pretty excited because the 40D just can't do the job.