Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    I think she has a favorite pout.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    She's a very pretty girl. I wish her expression changed thoughout the photos. Aside from that, I think the second one is the best. The others are a bit drab/flat.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Lean, lean, lean, lean and lean. Need a little more variety in the posing.

Lighitng is the key. Most of these a flat in the lighting. Raise you black point up some and see if that helps.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    #1 Seems it would have been better if it were tighter...too much space above.
    #2 Looks good, but seems to be lacking something
    #3 Not as good as #5, which is the lean I would keep.
    #4 eek7.gif
    #5 Awesome. Perfect composition, lighting is interesting, and I can finally feel the electricity one would imagine comes out of those eyes at some point.
  • MeurycMeuryc Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    #2 is the best, #1 would be good if it was tighter. My main issue is the model. Even looking at the images in your gallery she has one expression and it is mostly more than a bit flat. A pout can be beautiful but the eyes and face have to sell it.
  • rogerchesterrogerchester Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Is this better?

With a smile..

canon 40D EF70- 200mm 1:2.8 l is usm EF28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    My, yes. Though I'd tone down the teeth :D a tad.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    I liked the 1st version better -- don't think it looked flat at all. In my opinion, the second set is too contrasty and the skin tones are off. They're all pretty shots, but I don't get the poses -- it doesn't look natural to me to lean a forehead into a wall, and I like my poses to look at least vaguely like real life.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    I don't mind the pout in some of the shots, but I think you need to make a set with some more variety so she can choose what she likes. My favorite of the set is #5 - the light and pose in that work very well.

Did you do a lot of skin retouching? It looks a little plasticky (although I know sometimes teen girls overdo their foundation, so not sure if that's from her or work you did in post!). If you did retouch, you might want to dial it back a little.

One last thing: I would probably selectively adjust the colour on her lipstick to better complement the colours in her shirt - the shirt is an red+purple, and that lipstick is bright fuschia. To me, it's just too many different reds in close quarters....! It's easy enough to do - just draw a loose circle around the lips in PS and make that into its own hue/saturation layer - play with the colour until it tones better with the other reds/pinks in the shirt and mask it onto just the lips. Easy peasy. Trickier in LR, but you can still adjust it a bit by playing with the colour sliders.