Hope you enjoy :D

1 --

i-3KrMZHt-L.jpg

2 --

i-R6wGdbP-L.jpg

Comments

• JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    The representation that these images portray are very solid...grimy, grungy and colorful work really well with them. The use of the edge of the frame in the first one is very powerful and well played. To me the second image is too static comparatively.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Hope you enjoy :D

1 --

i-3KrMZHt-L.jpg

2 --

i-R6wGdbP-L.jpg

Wow Mary!!! Well done clap.gifclap You are one of us now... So that you know, there's no going back.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Nice work, Mary. The first one is particularly strong. Juano is right....once a RUST JUNKIE, always a RUST JUNKIE.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    thumb.gif

Rust Rules

:D

Lovely stuff!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    The representation that these images portray are very solid...grimy, grungy and colorful work really well with them. The use of the edge of the frame in the first one is very powerful and well played. To me the second image is too static comparatively.

I'm glad you liked the first one ... 2nd one has some meaning to me. It's an old truck that I found in a junk yard that's from my Grandparents home town.
    edited November 9, 2011
    Juano wrote: »
    Wow Mary!!! Well done clap.gifclap You are one of us now... So that you know, there's no going back.

Your so right .. there is no going back. This stuff is addicting rolleyes1.gif

Glad to hear you enjoyed them :D
    edited November 9, 2011
    Nice work, Mary. The first one is particularly strong. Juano is right....once a RUST JUNKIE, always a RUST JUNKIE.

Tom

Your right about the first one.

Thanks Tom for commenting :D
    edited November 9, 2011
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    thumb.gif

Rust Rules

:D

Lovely stuff!

Don

Howdy Don ..

Laughing.gif ... it does 'Rule' doesn't it rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for commenting :D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Well done, Mary! I really like #1 a lot!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Very nice, Mary.
    edited November 9, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Well done, Mary! I really like #1 a lot!

Thank you :D
    edited November 9, 2011
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Very nice, Mary.

Thank you .. glad you liked them :D
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Image 1 is really sweet Mary Kim. Very nice minimalist thing going on for it thumb.gif
    Love the PP you have provided for it. Pretty hot :whew and certainly not in the overcooked way.
    2 is good also, just not as classy as 1 for me.

Since no one has asked, I kinda like to know if you used any "special" :D tools, other than PS
    feel and skill for the PP.
    Michael
    edited November 9, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Image 1 is really sweet Mary Kim. Very nice minimalist thing going on for it thumb.gif
    Love the PP you have provided for it. Pretty hot :whew and certainly not in the overcooked way.
    2 is good also, just not as classy as 1 for me.

Since no one has asked, I kinda like to know if you used any "special" :D tools, other than PS
    feel and skill for the PP.

Howdy .. how are ya doing :D

Poor #2 .. he's feeling bad rolleyes1.gif

Be happy to let you know how I did it. I edit as usual then I use Topaz software on it. Detail adjustment. Then I go back to CS5 changing the opacity of it. Do my saturation and contrast .. Bumping it up till I feel I just can't do it anymore rolleyes1.gif

One thing I've learned tho .. it works best with certain photos and not with others. It's just seeing which ones it is when I'm editing. I think it has to do with the metal and condition it's in on how the editing takes.

Hope that helps you out :D
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Sure as hell image 2 just ain't getting the love much from just about every one headscratch.gif
    Man ya know something when that happens don't ya :D
    I felt bad just trying to be good about it mwink.giflol3.gif but what the heck ya gonna do rolleyes1.gif:D
    I know.... be nice. Thats it thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

Yup, that was my going around the barn way of asking if you was using Topaz or the like & ya were.
    Do appreciate knowing the route you took with it. Your assessment that not all images will take the
    whacking as well as another is right on the money. Only hands on over time will tell ya that.
    I've seen enough of your fixes to know you have a fine sense for comp, & visual impact tweaking to
    come out on the other side with a creditable piece one way or the other. Knowing that, I still can't love up image 2, sweet as it is headscratch.gif near as much as image 1. Just the way it is. bowdown.gif:D:D:D
    Michael
    edited November 10, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Sure as hell image 2 just ain't getting the love much from just about every one headscratch.gif
    Man ya know something when that happens don't ya :D
    I felt bad just trying to be good about it mwink.giflol3.gif but what the heck ya gonna do rolleyes1.gif:D
    I know.... be nice. Thats it thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

Yup, that was my going around the barn way of asking if you was using Topaz or the like & ya were.
    Do appreciate knowing the route you took with it. Your assessment that not all images will take the
    whacking as well as another is right on the money. Only hands on over time will tell ya that.
    I've seen enough of your fixes to know you have a fine sense for comp, & visual impact tweaking to
    come out on the other side with a creditable piece one way or the other. Knowing that, I still can't love up image 2, sweet as it is headscratch.gif near as much as image 1. Just the way it is. bowdown.gif:D:D:D

You are a hoot rolleyes1.gif

I saw more lines in #2 -- My quirk rolleyes1.gifI do know what it means with what happened to #2 :Drolleyes1.gif

I don't use Topaz much, but it's fun to play with. Sometimes it really helps a photo like in #1, but it can do damage to a photo too. Although ... there are times I can get very close to the same result as #1 without Topaz. If I had known I could do it with photoshop before I purchased it I never would of bought Topaz. To do that I really up the contrast and push the blacks.