Seeking comments!

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited October 24, 2005 in Holy Macro
One from this morning (Canon 350D and 28-135 IS USM) then processed in photoshop. What are your opinions?

flower.jpg

Cheers
David
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    I'm diggin' (can't believe I used that word) the coloration and contrast! Great photo!
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    TassieD wrote:
    What are your opinions?

David

I dont know why, but it isn't doing much for me... the high contrast and toning of the image makes all of the brighter spots in the background the same color as the flower in the foreground and to me it makes it really hard to see. I thins it looks tooo busy.

Thnaks for sharing it.
  • lulalakelulalake Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    TassieD wrote:
    One from this morning (Canon 350D and 28-135 IS USM) then processed in photoshop. What are your opinions?

Cheers
    David
    Lovely!

Excellent toning and light/dark play.

Regards

Jules
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    Hi there David
    TassieD wrote:

Cheers
    David
    I like it, I like how you've processed it to look rustic, it works well with the subject ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    I'm diggin' (can't believe I used that word) the coloration and contrast! Great photo!
    Cheers DRT,

Thanks for the comment.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited October 24, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    I dont know why, but it isn't doing much for me... the high contrast and toning of the image makes all of the brighter spots in the background the same color as the flower in the foreground and to me it makes it really hard to see. I thins it looks tooo busy.

Thnaks for sharing it.
    Hi There Greaper,

Flowers never realy did anything for me either (until I got this lens), I see your point about being busy, wil bear that in mind on my next attempt.

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited October 24, 2005
    lulalake wrote:
    Lovely!

Excellent toning and light/dark play.

Regards

Jules
    Hi Jules,

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited October 24, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    I like it, I like how you've processed it to look rustic, it works well with the subject ...... Skippy (Australia)
    G'Day Skippy,

I hadn't noticed a rustic look, not sure what I was after when I embarked on this shot, but am pretty happy with the end result.

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    Hi David,
    I like it. I also agree that it is a bit busy, but not with the background. The flower in the bottom right is a distraction to me. At first, the stem to the left of the flower was distracting also, but as I looked at the picture, I think I now like it there. I like the toning you did and love the high contrast. Flowers are not my thing also, but this one is nice.

Cheers,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister