Options

MC14 thoughts, opinions, suggestions...

VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited November 10, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, I jumped in with the late entry rather early... I wanted to be the first one to get this concept in there, I'm sure anyone (especially a dad) with daughters can relate... It is a difficult set up and shoot because of the darkness and I don't have a remote, so I have to use the camera timer, and I don't have a model so I am using myself... anyway the second shot wouldn't be the final because I moved before the shutter closed... which perspective do you like better? do you like the idea at all? title ideas? shooting/exposure suggestions?

1) current entry (This courtship is over)
late004-L.jpg

2)
late007-XL.jpg

Thanks
Winston

Comments

• Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Nice! Love the shots and can always use the laugh. Fit the car dash clock in set at 12:02...
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    I like the concept very much. A wireless remote is a great investment, you can then also set your camera to bracket mode. I like the clock idea
    Fit the car dash clock in set at 12:02...
    if you keep shooting from that angel. Perhaps if you do shoot from inside car the dad should be on the front porch for more context. Keith
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,950 moderator
    edited November 9, 2011
    Great idea for this! I thought the first set up best communicated the idea but not the emotion he is feeling. Looks rather calm except for the position of the chair and holding the rifle! The second shot conveys the emotion but would be stronger with a few more visual clues, like the clock on the dash set at 12:02, etc. Good luck with it!

Gretchen
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    wow. I love the concept, and #2 with the dash and looking at the watch is great.
    edited November 9, 2011
    Thanks Chad, Keith, & Gretchen... I will definitely incorporate some or all of those ideas in my next shoot... I'm going to spring for a remote shutter release... just too frustrating trying to get the shot right without one...

Winston
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    It is a truly splendid concept.....and I bet you'll have no regrets with the remote shutter release......
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    I actually like #1 better...love the lighting and the balance of the composition.

I had a remote but lost it. It was very tiny.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    I like #1, but wish I could see a little more car.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Really enjoy your take on this theme! I like both perspectives but in #1 I wish I could see more of the car and that the dad looking at his watch was a little more obvious (like in #2). Otherwise I like the composition. In #2, I wish I could see a bit more of the car's dashboard. GP
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    WoW,

Thanks everyone for your comments... the shutter release will be here Friday... My car I was using will be gone, as my Wife left for Florida this morning to see her Mother who just got out of the hospital... sooo I will be using my pickup truck, luckily it has an extended cab... I am going to try and shoot this with me on the porch and the truck pointing in that direction, shooting out of the cab... I have an idea that I will take one shot of my hand and arm on the steering wheel showing my watch... and another shot with me on the porch with the gun, then merge... maybe some other angles and shots as well... Long weekend ahead, with no distractions... :D
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Like the Idea but it would be better if you had a Shotgun, really cliche if it would be double barrel
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/