Wanting a photo for a fundraiser

nitewagnitewag Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited November 13, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
A high school band has contacted me about using one of my photos I took of them at a recent competition on a community birthday calender they are going to sell as a fundraising project. I am happy to help them with the fundraising but would like to get a little more that what I normally would for a download or print since they are going to be reselling my work over and over. But since I am strictly an amateur and have only sold photos thru smugmug for personal use I don't know what to tell them and the calender company that they would be using. Any advice and or help on pointing me to some resources would be greatly appreciated.

Billy V.

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    You already have a price for a commercial download on your website? You have a price of $1.25. Now that someone actually wants one you want to charge more?

Redo your pricing before not after. :D

Sam
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    Since the band is wanting to use your photo for part of a fund raiser, why don't you consider donating the image--with the stipulation of course that your name/credit is included with the image. It would be good advertising for you, plus you would be helping a good cause. Also, if it is for a fund-raiser, I doubt they would be willing to pay you very much for the image. Making it a donation would be good for you and good for them.

Just my $.02.

Sherry
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    nitewag wrote: »
    ... I don't know what to tell them and the calender company ...
    Is the calendar company donating its services? ne_nau.gif
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    I give away several framed prints a year and honestly I make money every time... Its a school charity, put your name on it and call it advertising.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • nitewagnitewag Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. They were thrilled when I told them it would only be cost of the download, and credit for the pic. Maybe I should pitch the idea of something similar to my own daughters school band.
  • idiotabroadidiotabroad Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    AND it's a tax write off.
    Mark

If you don't agree with me then your wrong.
    I can't be held accountable for what I say, I'm bipolar.