Senior Portraits, c&c welcome

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited November 10, 2011 in People
My last senior was 2 years ago. These were taken at her family's home, previously a farm. These have not been retouched yet, just some WB and exposure tweaks in DPP. Thanks for looking.

IMG7597-X2.jpg

IMG7609-X2.jpg

IMG7610-X2.jpg

IMG7621-X2.jpg

IMG7631-X2.jpg

IMG7635-X2.jpg

IMG7654-X2.jpg

IMG7672-X2.jpg

IMG7669-X2.jpg

IMG7695-X2.jpg

IMG7700-X2.jpg

IMG7711-X2.jpg

full set is here: http://jmphotocraft.smugmug.com/Portraits/Keelin
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    I like 6 and 8 the best but the whole series is great. But don't take my word for it, I suck at photography! I just know what I like. Well done!
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Very nice series. Just off the top, #4 and #6 blow me away. Not so much in love with any of the shots with the red backgrounds. I don't think it's the color, just the DOF is distracting to me. The one under the tree is very appealing, if you can get a little more exposure on her face. Well done.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    thanks! DOF, alas, I do not have a 135L or 85/1.8. Plus the barn has significance to her and her family, so they may appreciate that it is not obliterated. I think 4 and 8 are my favs.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    thanks! DOF, alas, I do not have a 135L or 85/1.8. Plus the barn has significance to her and her family, so they may appreciate that it is not obliterated.

Well then, it may be time for a trip into PS to mess with a blur layer and mask and some careful/subtle vignetting :D
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Excellent series. Looking at these I feel like I have some insight into the personality of the subject- friendly, open, natural, no frills. I also appreciate how you handled the skin in pp. by not going overboard.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    I liike 5 the best for the shading in your light on her face. The rest are flat in the lighting and that gives no depth. She did not help you with her selection of top. It should be used with brighter backgrounds so it doesn't stand out soooooo much. In the darker backgrounds you can see how her top grabs your eye for attention.
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Thanks. There is no PP on the skin yet, and I won't be doing much. I agree about the top, lesson learned. I am hesitant to tell people to go change outfits though.
    -Jack