My wife

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited November 10, 2011 in People
Got some time when I was finally not at a racetrack and got my wife to do some photos with me. She has no modeling experience and I am by no means a modeling photographer. So help me, guide me...why do I not like these pics so much.

i-Jt5PFz9-X2.jpg

i-z8XMkTJ-X2.jpg

i-3ZWjnj4-X2.jpg

i-dNhRzb3-X2.jpg

i-w68pZs9-X2.jpg

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    IMO, too much background, not enough model. Too deep DOF. You should take advantage of your great model and shoot some more of her. You don't let us see your exif, but I'm guessing you're shooting at f/6.3 or smaller aperture. Open your lens up and deemphasize the BGs. Frame tighter. You'd like the results better, I think.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    I agree with John. Also, these don't look like they've been lit at all (with reflectors, on-camera, or off-camera light). They look pretty flat and there is no light in your beautiful wife's eyes.
  • BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Correct, no flash. My 580ex is broke. No eTTL so I went with higher ISO
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    You have the start of some great poses here. Light/shading is the name of the game. You don't always need flash and or reflectors. Just watch your models face and find the light on one side and shading on the other side then go for it.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    the photos have some good bones (framing, focus, color, etc) just need some extra pop with some light and PP love.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com