Pro Branding

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited November 12, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
So I finally made a thank you card, sticker & cart image. Not happy with the cart image yet but... thoughts, opinions? I wrote smugmug asking if the card will print without cutting text... I think so. Might go back and add a coupon code or something. Thanks In Advance! PS: Please don't bombard my phone :-)

Card #2:
i-rvF6vp8-L.jpg

Sticker #2:
i-dc6h3DT-S.jpg

Cart Image #2 - Still gotta work on it:
i-RTVWgBj-M.png
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 10, 2011
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    How did you design these? The fonts are really, really jaggy. Can you try using anti-aliasing on? When you're finished with your designs, make a 4x6 test print of your card so you can see it printed.
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    Thanks you'll. I found several mistakes to fix (spelling) ugghhh.
    Prepared in photoshop with anti-aliasing on... in photoshop it doesn't look jaggy at all. Just after upload it gets jaggy. Will try to find the culprit & print a test. Thanks again.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    Who's going to bombard your phone, people are professional and good on this form, its not myspace. However, the print guarantee thing is great, but I think too much detail with today's society and how they will cry of it didn't come in what they expect a timely manner, and that would lead to 100% guarantee to drop to 90%. (or any other just random act of (oh we can get a duplicate) when people can take advantage of something they will.

How about positiveness, you know the prints are going to be good from everything you've ordered, or what I have ordered. Do you offer coupons? How about this point make a coupon and get MORE orders throwing 5% or 10% or whatever you want off on future orders.
  • orljustinorljustin Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    This would be a better wording for the first thing:
    "We sincerely hope you are completely happy with your order. However, if you are not, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee: we will reprint or refund your order, whichever you prefer."

Also, don't make them contact smugmug. They should only deal with you.
  • FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    that would lead to 100% guarantee to drop to 90%. (or any other just random act of (oh we can get a duplicate) when people can take advantage of something they will.

Normally, I'd agree. But I've offered a 100% money-back (or reprint) guarentee on every print I've ever delivered in the past 4 years. I haven't had a single person take me up on the offer.

If you've treated your clients honestly and justly throughout the process, in the end they are going to see you as a friend. People don't rip of their friends to save $20 on reprints.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.