Printing - Personal Delivery

TimPearsonTimPearson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 26, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Can you set personal delivery to some prints in a gallery but not others.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    I'm sorry, no - it's a gallery level setting.
  • Jay_ZJay_Z Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    Limitations with Personal Delivery
    I didn't see other threads related to personal delivery, so I am using this one!

It seems personal delivery has some significant limitations, depending on how you use SmugMug.
    - If an order is setup for personal delivery, it goes right to printing, no proof delay. Why is this? Even if I am personally delivering, I want to be able to make any pre-printing adjustments. It isn't related to who delivers this to the customer - me or the UPS man!

- It's all or nothing for a gallery. It would seem that this could be selectable after the customer places the order. Ultimately, they aren't aware of this anyway it seems so why not be able to make the adjustment afterwards. I would like to personally delivery but if the order isn't local, then I want to be able to adjust accordingly.

Of course, these limitations I found out on two orders. One I canceled to have changed to personal delviery, the second now I had to cancel to change to give me a chance to adjust image.

Thought it was a good thing, it just seems to need increased flexibility to be useful. Anything else to be aware of that might help in using personal delivery?
    edited January 25, 2012
    Jay_Z wrote: »
    I didn't see other threads related to personal delivery, so I am using this one!

It seems personal delivery has some significant limitations, depending on how you use SmugMug.
    - If an order is setup for personal delivery, it goes right to printing, no proof delay. Why is this? Even if I am personally delivering, I want to be able to make any pre-printing adjustments. It isn't related to who delivers this to the customer - me or the UPS man!

- It's all or nothing for a gallery. It would seem that this could be selectable after the customer places the order. Ultimately, they aren't aware of this anyway it seems so why not be able to make the adjustment afterwards. I would like to personally delivery but if the order isn't local, then I want to be able to adjust accordingly.

Of course, these limitations I found out on two orders. One I canceled to have changed to personal delviery, the second now I had to cancel to change to give me a chance to adjust image.

Thought it was a good thing, it just seems to need increased flexibility to be useful. Anything else to be aware of that might help in using personal delivery?

Hi, orders that your customers make from a gallery that has personal deliver ON and has Proof Delay ON will first stop at Proof Delay for you - and there you can turn off Personal Delivery if you wish. You can also set all your galleries to Proof Delay and Personal Delivery ON, and remove personal delivery in the proof delay screen. This gives you everything you're looking for I think! If you have an order # I can look at I'm happy to help further!
  • Jay_ZJay_Z Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi, orders that your customers make from a gallery that has personal deliver ON and has Proof Delay ON will first stop at Proof Delay for you - and there you can turn off Personal Delivery if you wish. You can also set all your galleries to Proof Delay and Personal Delivery ON, and remove personal delivery in the proof delay screen. This gives you everything you're looking for I think! If you have an order # I can look at I'm happy to help further!

Thanks Andy, the order I had placed was set for Proof Delay (3 Days) and Personal Delivery. It went right through to Printing/Processing. I emailed the Smug Heroes who put this on hold so it was back to a typical proof delay which allowed me to adjust photo and turn personal delivery off.

If what you say is actually correct, this order went by without having them put this on hold - and if it does in fact go to proof delay, then that solves the personal delivery issue (turning it off selectively).

The order is 2767012. So, this has since been adjusted/released. But, again, it wasn't on hold to do this until I requested - and, they said it was because of Personal Delivery there was no Proof Delay.
    edited January 26, 2012
    Jay_Z wrote: »
    Thanks Andy, the order I had placed was set for Proof Delay (3 Days) and Personal Delivery. It went right through to Printing/Processing. I emailed the Smug Heroes who put this on hold so it was back to a typical proof delay which allowed me to adjust photo and turn personal delivery off.

If what you say is actually correct, this order went by without having them put this on hold - and if it does in fact go to proof delay, then that solves the personal delivery issue (turning it off selectively).

The order is 2767012. So, this has since been adjusted/released. But, again, it wasn't on hold to do this until I requested - and, they said it was because of Personal Delivery there was no Proof Delay.

Hi, we have certain order parameters that we check on, on our end, and this order met those. Once we released it from that status, you should have been able to see it in your proof delay page, and there adjust personal delivery.