Options

An Osprey welcome me home.

hrgerenahrgerena Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited November 13, 2011 in Wildlife
Hello;

Just imagine that you are arriving at home after work, it’s was very close to 5:45 p.m. and suddenly I saw this Osprey flying toward me at an altitude of less than 20 or 25 feet.
I hit the brakes and pull over to see what it’s going to do. I was lucky, it stands on a pole light about 30 or 40 feet from me. I just grabbed my camera (I always carry the camera with me) and jump out the car and start shooting, I realize it was too dark and I had some kind of backlight, I went back for the Speedlite and start shooting again. I get closer and closer.

This is one of a couple of Ospreys that are very common in my neighbor, I live very close to a river, I took some pictures of them before, but never this close.

I know the picture is far from perfect, but it was a very nice experience, I was lucky to spend about 10 good quality minutes with this beauty just when I was a few minutes to arrive at home after a long day at work.

Aguila-Pescadora7971-M.jpg
H.F. Gerena
My_SmugMug
“When the mind is disturbed, the multiplicity of things is produced, but when the mind is quieted, the multiplicity of things disappears”

Comments

• Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    Good work! You are so smart to carry that camera with you all the time. Beautiful bird! Best, Pam
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    Hi Pam;

I have no intention to bore you with this, but I would love to share something; http://hfgerena.smugmug.com/AvesdePR/Aves-de-Parque-Del-Rio/16940700_CzJcpd

That's the link to my SmugMug Galery where I have the pictures of all the birds that I have been able to photograph where I live.
    H.F. Gerena
    My_SmugMug
    “When the mind is disturbed, the multiplicity of things is produced, but when the mind is quieted, the multiplicity of things disappears”
  • Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Really nice gallery! I love the calandria and the hummingbird, in the shots with that beautiful red plant. And who could not love the shot of those chicks, all with mouths wide open! Thanks for sharing. Best, Pam
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    Thanks, Have a nice day
    H.F. Gerena
    My_SmugMug
  • Options
    Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    NIce to come home to something like this and nice capture.