Options

MC #14 - Late Day Autumn Hues

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited November 12, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
An of these work for the challenge? C&C appreciated. Thank you!

i-98CqXVc-L.jpg

i-JM94z9H-L.jpg

i-BjMMKHd-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Such beautiful, classic autumn landscapes! Hard to pick a fave but possibly the 1st and 2nd for late day theme. I'm not sure what to add in terms of critique - maybe I'd try a bit more contrast. GP
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Love #2, but agree that it needs contrast and brightened a bit.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,950 moderator
    edited November 12, 2011
    I like this idea and favor #1 if the road is cropped out or #2. I agree with the suggestion to bump up the contrast. Wonder what #1 would look like with the road cropped out? It's nice to see more of the sky than in #2. My brain read your subject title as "late autumn hues" at first, rather than late day autumn hues. If you are going with a variation of this title, #3 doesn't fit as well with that green field but it sure has a lovely sky!
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    GretaPics wrote: »
    Such beautiful, classic autumn landscapes! Hard to pick a fave but possibly the 1st and 2nd for late day theme. I'm not sure what to add in terms of critique - maybe I'd try a bit more contrast. GP
    Thanks, Greta! :D
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    Love #2, but agree that it needs contrast and brightened a bit.
    Thanks, Sandi! :D
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    I like this idea and favor #1 if the road is cropped out or #2. I agree with the suggestion to bump up the contrast. Wonder what #1 would look like with the road cropped out? It's nice to see more of the sky than in #2. My brain read your subject title as "late autumn hues" at first, rather than late day autumn hues. If you are going with a variation of this title, #3 doesn't fit as well with that green field but it sure has a lovely sky!

Thanks, Gretchen! Actually, #2 is a variation of #1 -- just shot without the road. rolleyes1.gif

I'm up in the air as to what to do themewise for this mega -- the first two cover late autumn hues whereas #3 is more late-afternoon. headscratch.gif

The light looks promising for tonight so I have another chance to shoot. Had to cut things short last night because shortly after I took shots 1 & 2 the sun ducked behind a large cloud bank. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,950 moderator
    edited November 12, 2011
    richtersl wrote: »
    Thanks, Gretchen! Actually, #2 is a variation of #1 -- just shot without the road. rolleyes1.gif

At first glance, I thought perhaps #2 was #1 cropped down but decided you probably shifted to the right.... If you cropped some of the sky out of #2, wonder what it would look like with a bit more showing?
    richtersl wrote: »
    The light looks promising for tonight so I have another chance to shoot. Had to cut things short last night because shortly after I took shots 1 & 2 the sun ducked behind a large cloud bank. rolleyes1.gif

Good luck with your reshoot tonight!
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    I like #1 a lot, with the road. I've been driving around seeing the same scenery around here...I love this time of year.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    I like #1 a lot, with the road. I've been driving around seeing the same scenery around here...I love this time of year.
    Thanks, Kate! :D
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    #2 - Different crop + increased contrast. Better?

i-prR3QLJ-L.jpg

And here are a few from today:

#4 - Late Afternoon Shadows
    i-9369thS-L.jpg

#5 - Fall Foliage Past Its Prime
    i-3Tt3BQw-L.jpg

#6 - Late Afternoon Shadows
    i-8mBQswV-L.jpg