Options

DSS #89 - Early Cameras

torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
edited November 13, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Took a few shots today of early cameras, which think fits the theme of early better than the new fern frond. Would appreciate comments on which shot is better, and especially if can process better (had to process out background clutter).

#1 Kodak Folding Cameras

[IMG][/img]C201111121005980KodakAutograph-L.jpg

#2 Kodak Brownie Six-20

[IMG][/img]C201111121005981KodakBrownieSi-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    #1 is nice - could you reshoot without the wood or clone it out?

Cool cameras!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Fun thought. I get the sense you had to shoot these at the store? With little to no control. Although for me, I like the concept, the light is rough on #1.
    I think #2 has a repeating pattern potential but my feeling is it would benefit from being shot at 90degrees. The slight off-axis doesn't work for me in that type of shot.
    If you're working in LR or PS, you could could use a lens adjustment to help flatten it a bit to mimic 90degrees. I'm not sure how that may pan out. Maybe...
    Then you may consider some exposure adjustment. It's uneven in the brightness from upper right across the frame.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,949 moderator
    edited November 12, 2011
    This is such an interesting idea! I can't add anything to the advice given above, so I'll just say "Good luck with it!"

Gretchen
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Thank you for the comments.
    Froch - yes, had no control over background or lighting. Available light was internal light bulbs, no sunlight. Used flash to get better depth of field, but agree is harsh.
    SeascapeS - no ability to reshoot, so have cloned out the wood.
    As once wood cloned out, basically a black & white image, have applied an antique filter, to try and reduce the harshness of the light:

[IMG][/img]C201111121005980KodakAutograph-L.jpg

Had taken some images with no flash, but have a much shorter depth of field.

[IMG][/img]C201111121005968KodakAutograph-L.jpg

Comments on which works best would be appreciated.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,196 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    I really like your processing of #3. Nice. thumb.gif

Sherry