Options

Can't change gallery price.

HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
edited November 12, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just uploaded a group of images I shot yesterday at a nursing home vets event and want to give them the ability to download at no cost. However, I cannot change the gallery prices. No matter what I do, when I check it (in 'Visitor' view) the my normal download pricing is still in effect. Any ideas?
Serving Him by Serving Others
www.Jerrywhitephotography.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Hi, you priced the GALLERY download at .01 - to see the price, click buy> All Digital Downloads
    Better though, why charge at all? Just set the files to not protected, and size = Original
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    Andy; thanks for the prompt response. I originally tried that originally but when I went to the visitor view and attempted to buy the image, I only saw my standard pricing. I figured that I needed some price so entered the .01. However, just now, when I checked it again, I see the same thing. How did you see the .01 pricing? I'll try your settings and see what happens.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Hinson wrote: »
    Andy; thanks for the prompt response. I originally tried that originally but when I went to the visitor view and attempted to buy the image, I only saw my standard pricing. I figured that I needed some price so entered the .01. However, just now, when I checked it again, I see the same thing. How did you see the .01 pricing? I'll try your settings and see what happens.
    see this:
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi, you priced the GALLERY download at .01 - to see the price, click buy> All Digital Downloads
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    ahhh; there is the problem. I can't find "buy/all digital downloads" in my 'visitor' menu. I have only three selections. Buy:this photo/photos in this gallery/create a card. I checked gallery settings but cannot find a way to inable/disable the "All Digital Downloads" item.
  • Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Hinson wrote: »
    ahhh; there is the problem. I can't find "buy/all digital downloads" in my 'visitor' menu. I have only three selections. Buy:this photo/photos in this gallery/create a card. I checked gallery settings but cannot find a way to inable/disable the "All Digital Downloads" item.

When you are pricing the digital downloads to .01, you will be able to see the option. Since you've disabled the pricing and set it back to 0.00, the Buy > All Digital Downloads will not longer be available since they cannot be purchased.

If you are looking to allow the free download for these images, what you would need to instruct people to do is click on the photo they would like to purchase and use the yellow download folder in the box that pops out from the side.

You can also give the downloads for free by using the Download All option in your gallery Tools. To get there, go into the gallery and click Tools > Download All. This will send a download link to your email with all photos from that gallery in it. After you've received that, you can send it to the folks you would like to give these photos to. Click HERE to learn more. thumb.gif

-Kevin
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    Kevin; thank you so much. Dummy that I am, that never dawned on me. I did click on the 'download all' link in owner view and got the link. It never occurred to me to just send this to the person. Sheesh....old age is hell and definitely ain't for wimps...hehehe