Options

Hiring someone for EDITS

ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited November 21, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
If you were to hire someone to do your editing for you what percentage of your profits would you pay him per job/Hourly? Looking for some sort of break down? 15% of for instance $2000 profit = $300.

I have no idea and want to be fair but also want to make a decent profit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Have you looked at ShootDotEdit? They're in ClubSmug with a deal for Smuggers: http://www.smugmug.com/ClubSmug/
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    I will suggest Happy Fish ... they are great people to work with .... here is a link to their contact page: http://tinyurl.com/4fhzaok
    Fill out the top section..drop to comments and ask for processing prices....Chad and Karen are fantastic...she is the album Designer and he is the processor.
    Customer service is fantastic.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2011
    Never share your profits, per image or hourly
  • Options
    LeeHawkinsLeeHawkins Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited November 21, 2011
    If I understand what you are saying, which is that you are trying to determine how much the editing work is worth, based on what you were paid, I would say that is not likely the best way to determine this. My first thought is to investigate what other people are doing it for (to determine what may be the going rate), and then pay someone commensurate with their skill level. The key is to come up with something that is reasonable to both you and who you contract with...and make sure you work out a contract in writing to govern the relationship to avoid disputes over who has rights to what and what prices and costs are. Spelling things out is usually best...